Windows 10: cortana windows search

Discus and support cortana windows search in Cortana to solve the problem; Since a couple days ago, my "type here to search" on my taskbar has not been working, the loading wheel comes up when I click on it but nothing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AlexanderStevenson1, May 18, 2020.

1. cortana windows search

Since a couple days ago, my "type here to search" on my taskbar has not been working, the loading wheel comes up when I click on it but nothing happens.

:)

AlexanderStevenson1, May 18, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

cortana windows search [​IMG]

Try0x101, May 18, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 18, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

cortana windows search

dalchina, May 18, 2020
Thema:

cortana windows search

1. cortana windows search - Similar Threads - cortana search

2. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  3. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...: hello, I am trying to have Google Chrome as my default browser for everything, I currently see that Edge Deflector and Nomoreedge no longer works, is there a settings way to ensure that my search bar will go to Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge? how can I ensure that I...
  4. How do i make the cortana search bar, and the windows search bar at the bottom left of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

in Cortana
    How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10: How to get old cortana back on windows11 and 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-back-cortana-in-search-version-on/67982290-c632-4369-9a79-43368fb0fe4c
  6. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10: How to get old cortana back on windows11 and 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-get-back-cortana-in-search-version-on/67982290-c632-4369-9a79-43368fb0fe4c
  7. How do you get back cortana in search version on Windows 11 and 10

8. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store. I also cannot type into the dialog box...
  9. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

in Cortana
    I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...
  10. I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar

I cannot type type in windows apps Microsoft Store, Cortana, Settings, etc. or the Search Bar: In an update, I could not type anywhere, period, but using search and indexing fixed the problem enough to allow me to type in everything except for Microsoft apps. I cannot install apps because I cannot use the Microsoft Store.Here are all of the "solutions" I have tried...