Windows 10: Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password

Discus and support Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have just formatted my computer. After I have finished, I could not log in to my Microsoft Account. I have put my correct email and password but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AfnanZainudin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password

Hi,

I have just formatted my computer. After I have finished, I could not log in to my Microsoft Account. I have put my correct email and password but once I have put everything, it has popped out with a message asking me to put current Windows password for one last time (please refer to screenshot). I have put again my password but it has stated that it's incorrect password. Due to this, I have tried to reset my password it's still to no avail. Please help. I desperately need access to Microsoft Account. Please help. Thanks.

Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password a329f8ab-ffa2-47e5-b5a9-4962d398dc40?upload=true.png

:)

AfnanZainudin, Jan 1, 2019

2. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 1, 2019
  4. TonyG Win User

Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password

Help logging in with incorrect microsoft account

Thanks for your reply Brink!

Yesterday I did exactly as recommended in the link,
    • Option Three: To Reset Password of your Microsoft Account Online at Microsoft
    This gave me access to the Microsoft account currently displaying on the windows 10 login screen (as tested by logging into outlook in a web browser). The problem is that it doesn't seem to be syncing to the computer in question as I have tried the newly reset password several times over the last 24 h with no luck. I am confident the computer is connected to a working internet connection.

Anything else I can try?

TonyG, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password

1. Could not log in to Microsoft Account because it asked me to put current password - Similar Threads - log Microsoft Account

2. Microsoft Store won't let me log in to new accounts, Instead would keep asking for password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't let me log in to new accounts, Instead would keep asking for password: When I enter my password to log into Microsoft store with a new account it would keep asking me for my password over and over again, I press continue and it'll load and it would ask for the password again. but when I try logging in with my original account it would log in...
  3. Microsoft Store won't let me log in to new accounts, Instead would keep asking for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't let me log in to new accounts, Instead would keep asking for password: When I enter my password to log into Microsoft store with a new account it would keep asking me for my password over and over again, I press continue and it'll load and it would ask for the password again. but when I try logging in with my original account it would log in...
  4. Microsoft Store won't let me log in to new accounts, Instead would keep asking for password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Microsoft keep asking me for my account password?: Signing into my first new computer in a while and microsoft asks for my Email, ok I can provide that, then my password, sure got that too, then it asks me for my account password which is somehow different than my normal password? Where am I supposed to find that information...
  6. Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Microsoft asking me to continuously change my passwords or log in preferences?: Seriously, ENOUGH! I don't want a pin to sign into Win10. Don't need that. Also, now ALL my Office 365 programs are asking me to change my login to make it easier to access these apps. NO!!!! I don't want one password to access everything. I am fine with having separate...
  7. Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into microsoft account because password is incorrect. Cannot reset password...: I am trying to install Windows on a new hard drive. Unsurprisingly, Windows/MSFT are doing their utmost to make me regret this decision every step of the way. When it comes to the step where I'm supposed to sign into my Microsoft account, it will not accept my correct...
  8. I'm logging in my account on my pc but it is asking for my current windows password one...

I'm logging in my account on my pc but it is asking for my current windows password one...: I'm logging in my account on my pc but it is asking for my current windows password one last time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-logging-in-my-account-on-my-pc-but-it-is-asking/5591be01-4df5-4c61-baa4-98e867a1f134
  9. Can't log in to microsoft account because it wants me to put 'current windows password'

Can't log in to microsoft account because it wants me to put 'current windows password': Hi I'm trying to log in to my microsoft account. It asked for my email, then a new screen asks for my microsoft password, then another screen says'Next time you sign in to this computer, use your microsoft account password or windows hello, if you've set it up. We'll need...
  10. Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge asking me for a username and password.: Hello. I'm trying to access my uni reading list. Every time I try and view it online, a pop up is asking for my username and password. Ive tried every username and password I nothing. I keep getting unauthorized access. How do I sort this out please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. current windows password

2. Well need your current Windows password one last time