Windows 10: Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade

Discus and support Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Login screen background was displayed. No mouse pointer, keyboard ignored except for Ctrl-Alt-Del in which case the password entry field appears, but I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by perdrix, Jul 16, 2019.

1. perdrix Win User

Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade

Login screen background was displayed. No mouse pointer, keyboard ignored except for Ctrl-Alt-Del in which case the password entry field appears, but I couldn't type into that password field, so cannot login *Sad

Arrghhh! I thought we'd got past this sort of issue.

I powered off using the power button and when I restarted, the login worked this time.

Hmmmm

David

:)

perdrix, Jul 16, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    can't perform inplace upgrade

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to perform an in-place upgrade due to having not enough space for your partition. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot your system reserved partition. It will provide you instructions to increase the available space of your System Reserved Partition.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - Couldn't login 1903

2. Can't login to Office 365 products after upgrading to Windows 10 1903 in-place

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't login to Office 365 products after upgrading to Windows 10 1903 in-place: IT Support Tech - Recently I have upgraded a Win7 system to win10 1903 via in-place upgrade via The software works and activates but it keeps asking me to sign in. However, when I click on the link to sign in it opens a window, asks for the users email address, asks...
  3. DLL missing after 1903 upgrade.

DLL missing after 1903 upgrade.: Just upgraded to 1903 and had the PC lock up a short time later, (0ne or two hours) had to disconnect the power supply. I restarted the PC a couple of times and the mentioned DLL seems to be a problem? [ATTACH] Any suggestions Please?...
  4. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

in Windows 10 Support
    After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  5. After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.

After upgrade to 1903 problems encountered.: After installing the 1903 upgrade this morning: 1. I could not login onto this computer. User Profile failed to load. I normally login with a PIN. I executed a restart from the login screen and was able to login. During the process, which was slow, I was informed "Windows...
  6. A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    A couple of issues after upgrade to 1903: after update to 1903 i dont see the pop up when i have finished downloading a torrent. i also dont see the "safe to remove device" when i unplug an external usb drive. how do i change back the notification area like it was before updating to 1903? 136789
  7. Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade

Couldn't login after 1903 upgrade: Login screen background was displayed. No mouse pointer, keyboard ignored except for Ctrl-Alt-Del in which case the password entry field appears, but I couldn't type into that password field, so cannot login *Sad Arrghhh! I thought we'd got past this sort of issue. I...
  8. Upgrading to 1903

Upgrading to 1903: I have been running 1803 for several months now with no problems. I have my "delay" set to 180 days so that I don't receive a buggy update. I keep up-to-date on the various updates and felt confident that 1903 was OK to update to. I changed my "delay" to 90 days and...
  9. Error pop up after login after Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Error pop up after login after Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Hi, I am getting the following error pop up after upgrading to Windows 10 Build 1903 after I login into Windows. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-pop-up-after-login-after-windows-10-1903/8b0e1387-f26e-4ccd-9e2f-7f810edca391
  10. disk space after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk space after upgrading to 1903: hi, I have read that in 1903, Microsoft decided to reserve like 7GB of space for updates... Is there a way to choose if I want to or not? I have less space in the C drive then in the previous versions of Windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no login after windows 1903