Windows 10: Crash/BSOD while idle downloading

Discus and support Crash/BSOD while idle downloading in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last night I had an issue with a corrupt file somewhere in my windows store. I was not able to view a file. I ran sfc and it found corruption but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fireurza, Sep 8, 2016.

1. fireurza Win User

Crash/BSOD while idle downloading

So last night I had an issue with a corrupt file somewhere in my windows store. I was not able to view a file. I ran sfc and it found corruption but could not repair it. I ran Dism and it could not repair it. I ended up doing an iso repair. After the repair I started a download on the windows store and went to bed. This morning I find my pc on the log in screen and chrome saying it closed unexpectedly. I check the error logs and see errors and warnings from when I was asleep. I leave my computer on without the download and take my kids to school this morning. When I return home my pc has crashed again.

:)

fireurza, Sep 8, 2016
  2. MtSeldon Win User

System restarts after sometime without user interaction.

I started the computer in safe mode , and computer ran with a BSOD .

now how am i going to find what's responsible for the BSOD while computer is idle?

MtSeldon, Sep 8, 2016
  3. JoeNicklo Win User
    DPC_Watchdog_Violation (Hall.dll) Cant figure this one out. Please help.

Hello, I am having several BSOD with the error DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've had 11 crashes in the past several days and can not figure out what the issue is.

I've taken the following steps to fix the error:

1. Updated all drivers

2. Ran a disk test

3. Updated Windows

4. Updated BIOS

5. Ran a virus scan

My system specs:

jnicklo's Completed Build - Core i7-6900K 3.2GHz 8-Core, S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower - PCPartPicker

A few scenarios in which the system crashes....

- Running Cinema 4D + Octane Renderer - during rendering or just regular work

- Running OBS during a broadcast or even when not broadcasting

- System at idle with Cinema 4D open

- System at idle with just OBS open

- Playing Fallout 4 while OBS is open

I haven't noticed this crash with any other usage. I can browse the internet all day and no crashes.

I've tried reinstalling OBS and I thought that had worked since this morning was stable however after coming home from dinner and seeing that my system had rebooted itself, I immediately knew it had BSOD again while I was out.

Here is a compiled TXT file of my last 3 DMP files: Dropbox - Link not found

JoeNicklo, Sep 8, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove Gigabyte & MSI software, both are known for causing BSODs.

Please make sure your Razer devices are using up to date drivers.
    Please use Samsung Magician to check your SSD for firmware updates.
    Please check MSI for BIOS updates.

Crash/BSOD while idle downloading [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Sep 9, 2016
  5. fireurza Win User
    I removed the gigibyte software and the msi software. My razer drivers are up to date now. The samsung ssd is actually empty and removed now. Completed a BIOS update. Still had issues and narrowed it down to 2 things. Windows store or Killer networks. I ran sfc again and it came back clean. So I removed the killer networks drivers completely and reinstalled them. Now I am having no issues. Thank you.

fireurza, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Crash/BSOD while idle downloading - Similar Threads - Crash BSOD while

2. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  3. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing while idle: Hi, I have an issue with my system sometimes having the fans spinning at a high RPM don't think it's quite the max because it doesn't sound like a jet with really bad performance, like programs taking a few seconds to realise I have pressed something and the start menu search...
  4. Crashing while idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  6. Repeated BSoDs while idling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSoDs while idling: I have experienced multiple BSoDs with the stopcode IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.I have scanned and repaired system files as well as the C: drive. All my drivers as well as my OS are up to date. I just unpacked my computer after a move and I am concerned that it may be a hardware...
  7. Hot and crashes while idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot and crashes while idle: Hi, I have an Asus Laptop wich is runnig hot while idle untill it crashes and I return to a black screen and have to hold the power untill it restarts. I have tried a lot of things, but can not seem to find what is causing it. I have used driver verification, but it got...
  8. BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR

BSOD while idling - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ERROR: I recently had my HP m6 ENVY laptop crash on me while the computer was idling. This occurred shortly after I had reinstalled my display drivers to fix an issue with the laptop crashing right after opening the lid to wake it up from sleep mode. Not sure if it has anything to...
  9. BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent)

BSOD while computer is idle(crashes seem infrequent): Im am experiencing some sort of crash while my computer is in idle. I do not see the bsod myself but I know they are happening. As I return to my computer I am back in the login screen. I checked the mini dump to find that I have had 2 incidents of my computer crashing with a...
  10. BSOD at night while idle

BSOD at night while idle: This has been going on for awhile and I cant seem to figure out the issue. I have turned off all C-State settings to fix the issue but there problem is still there. 27462