Windows 10: crazy font in windows 10

Discus and support crazy font in windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Today morning, when I started my PC, I faced weird wingdings fonts everywhere. I ran rebuild font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archz2, Jul 1, 2016.

1. archz2 Win User

crazy font in windows 10

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Today morning, when I started my PC, I faced weird wingdings fonts everywhere.

I ran rebuild font cache bat file from here

Font Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Then my windows 10 showed very few fonts in the system after I restarted, then I installed fonts from my external storage hard drive. Then the problem was almost solved. Howerver, now I am getting weird font in firefox browser.

Here is the screenshot.

crazy font in windows 10 [​IMG]

This font also comes in "next" and "cancel" buttons of software installers. What should I do to fix this problem?

:)

archz2, Jul 1, 2016

2. How can i change my default font in windows 10???

This is crazy. your tell me that their is no way I can change the font setting in Windows 10 email? I hate that font, it seems that windows 10 has took away our ability to change our font in email . I am trying to create a personalize signature at the end
    of my email and I am unable to do so. As smart as Microsoft builders are this should be common sense that business orientated people would like to do the common thing. Last how do I change the font in windows 10 period? Not the font size but the font style.
    Times New Roman, Arial etc.

SherriSomers, Jul 1, 2016
  3. RebaS Win User
    Fonts Missing After Windows 10 Update

I'm missing Batang which was my favorite font. I've never installed a font before so it came with Windows 8. All my documents, everything, was in it and now everything is defaulted to Calibri about which I am not crazy. I'm willing to uninstall Windows
    10 to have things look the way I want them to.

RebaS, Jul 1, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

crazy font in windows 10

Have you tried the "Restore default font settings" button in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings?

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  5. archz2 Win User
    Thanks. I just did that. However, problem isn't solved. Firefox is still showing the messed up fonts.

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You might need to go into FF's Options menu and set it up so:

Options/content/fonts & colors/Advanced

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  7. archz2 Win User
    Thanks! That fixed it! Thank you so much!

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  8. Cliff S New Member

crazy font in windows 10

You're welcome, I'm glad it worked*Smile

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  9. archz2 Win User
    I just started my pc again. Unfortunately my fonts went missing and I had to reinstall them. This trouble has returned again. The methods listed are not working anymore. What should I do?

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Do you have a copy of you Windows 10 ISO?

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  11. archz2 Win User
    archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Try a repair install.
    Just mount it in File Explorer and click the Setup.exe and let it run.
    It only installs the Windows OS files and leaves data & settings alone.

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

crazy font in windows 10

Cliff S, Jul 1, 2016
  14. archz2 Win User
    Thanks. I'll try this link when I face further trouble. For now, my problem is solved from the youtube link that I posted. *Smile

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
  15. archz2 Win User
    I hope after repairing, I won't have to install any drivers or software again.

archz2, Jul 1, 2016
Thema:

crazy font in windows 10

1. crazy font in windows 10 - Similar Threads - crazy font

2. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  3. Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gaming...: Since 4 days my laptops fans go crazy and then it force shutdownshappens only when gamingMy guess would be it overheats cuz after i touch my laptop its very hot...
  4. Computer suddenly going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly going crazy: My computer was perfectly fine yesterday as I used it for schoolwork and then turned it off as per usual but today when turning it on it has become a extremely slow, lagging and unresponsive to the point of taking 15 minutes to load my home screen and windows task bar. I’ve...
  5. Computer suddenly going crazy

Computer suddenly going crazy: My computer was perfectly fine yesterday as I used it for schoolwork and then turned it off as per usual but today when turning it on it has become a extremely slow, lagging and unresponsive to the point of taking 15 minutes to load my home screen and windows task bar. I’ve...
  6. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings: hello, almost always during zoom meetings as a praticipant, though never tried as a host my screen goes black on the zoom app, and when i switch to any other tab the screen is very blurry. i cant see the zoom meeting and the screenshare because i cant be on the app screen....
  7. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings: hello, almost always during zoom meetings as a praticipant, though never tried as a host my screen goes black on the zoom app, and when i switch to any other tab the screen is very blurry. i cant see the zoom meeting and the screenshare because i cant be on the app screen....
  8. my computer is going crazy during zoom meetings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Weather app gobbles CPU and burns battrey like crazy 20-60% CPU usage: So as title say. After change to new looks Weather app abuses CPU like there is no tomorrow. On older machine i can get up to 60-70% CPU usage with maxed out clock speed.On new 12 gen i get 20-30% use, again clock is up.It's a weather app. What exactly it doing there?I...
  10. Crazy Fonts . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crazy Fonts . . .: I have, two Dell computers. Both running, Windows 10. B One is a, Vostro 3583. I've had it, for about 3 years. My wife, bought me. The second one. It's a, I7 3000. Both are laptops. The new one. Has a 17.3" screen. But, that's the only, good thing! It boot up, in about...