Windows 10: Create a File List at a Command Prompt

Discus and support Create a File List at a Command Prompt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From the directions on the support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/196158/how-to-create-a-text-file-list-of-the-contents-of-a-folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by linksfiend, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Create a File List at a Command Prompt

linksfiend, Sep 22, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 22, 2019
  4. LAPIII Win User

Create a File List at a Command Prompt

How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

These are the steps I take in:

1. open the folder that I want to print the filenames of
    2. In the location bar, typed "cmd"
    3. At the command prompt, I typed "dir > vjoy.txt
    The command prompt read Access is denied.

LAPIII, Sep 22, 2019
Thema:

Create a File List at a Command Prompt

1. Create a File List at a Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Create File List

2. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  3. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create list of files: I have a folder with 1100 files. I would like to create a list of the files in EXCEL to compare them to another list of files. How can I create this file list and put it in EXCEL?...
  4. Create list of files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PCIe devices listed in command prompt.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIe devices listed in command prompt.: Hello I am using Windows 10 latest build and want to ask something about PCIe devices. When I was using Ubuntu I used to see the command :- "lspci" in order to list devices that are unable to use because I have not installed their drivers.So I tried to find equivalent command...
  6. Command Prompt/ Batch files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command Prompt/ Batch files: [ATTACH] when i create a batch file to ping something, it spams the command and throws no response. how do i fix this? https://preview.redd.it/fyy6qwrfx7n61.png?width=256&format=png&auto=webp&s=d55552fdc7a5c297d565617f710992048238660c submitted by /u/xWasss [link]...
  7. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt: Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows,...
  8. command prompt commands

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    command prompt commands: Can anybody just tell me what the command prompt for starting up in safe mode with networking is, if there is one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/command-prompt-commands/7b058934-65f0-40dc-8982-936764895a61
  9. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...
  10. commands in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    commands in command prompt: is there a full list of DOS style Commands buried somewhere in win10 i try CHKDSK and get nowhere with the command unless I'm typing it wrong. but there are a few otthers i would be interested in as well. 54240

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create file list from command prompt