Windows 10: Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Advanced startup includes the options below and more: Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by z3r010, Oct 13, 2015.

1. z3r010 Win User

Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Advanced startup includes the options below and more:
    • Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools.
    • Boot from a disk (ex: USB or DVD) or device (UEFI only)
    • Access the PC's firmware (UEFI only)
    • Restore Windows from a system image
    • Choose which operating system to boot to on PC if multiple operating systems are installed
    This tutorial will show how to create or download an Advanced Startup options shortcut that will restart Windows 10 and boot directly to advanced startup options.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download Advanced Startup Options Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Advanced Startup Options

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download Advanced Startup Options Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    Advanced_Startup_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\system32\shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00

3. Type Advanced Startup for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)

7. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    %windir%\System32\bootux.dll

8. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

9. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

10. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to it, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

z3r010, Oct 13, 2015
  2. feelulive Win User

windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Oct 26, 2019
  3. feelulive Win User
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

feelulive, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10  

I already tried the shortcut and that also just restarts Windows. I tried all the different ways to do an Advanced Startup restart and I all I get out of them is a normal Windows restart. Really has me baffled.

streetwolf, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create Advanced Startup Options Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Advanced Startup

2. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  3. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I go to settings>update and recovery>recovery then go to advanced startup. When I go to advanced startup, then click on troubleshoot there is only option startup settings is available. Other settings command prompt, system restore, system image...
  4. Windows 10 advanced startup options missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows not booting into advanced startup options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting into advanced startup options: when I try to boot my system, windows is stuck in an infinite boot loop. After 3 startup errors windows should boot into advanced startup options, but it does not. -Spamming f11 doesn’t work -Resetting motherboard battery doesn’t work -After windows does its “Preparing...
  6. Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery/Advanced Startup Options: My Windows 10 features the latest updates. My recovery/advanced startup screens, however, lacks both Startup Repair and System Image Recovery options. The second is peculiar as I use System Image Recovery and the control panel says it's working fine. I've had this problem...
  7. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998
  8. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: How to: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools. Boot from a disk (ex:...
  9. windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings: i wonder why theres only shut down option as you see on photo and later i tried bootable usb, i could get some option by this way but it couldnt repair, i cant get startup settings and i feel only 1 person in the world that have that problem and nobody can solve!!! 92985
  10. Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Startup Apps shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Startup Apps Shortcut in Windows 10 Startup items are the apps, shortcuts, folders, drivers, etc... that are set to run or open automatically at startup when a user signs in to Windows. Startup items can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bcdedit /set bootux disabled

2. creating startup options