Windows 10: Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 How to Add a Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by TanvanPC, Jul 29, 2018.

1. TanvanPC Win User

Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10

How to: Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10

How to Add a Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10

Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions:
    When you boot to advanced startup, all user sessions are signed off. If you select a Windows RE feature from this menu, the PC restarts into Windows RE and the selected feature is launched.

In some situations, Windows RE automatically tries to repair the system. Also, these situations automatically cause a failover to Windows RE:
    • Two consecutive failed attempts to start Windows.
    • Two consecutive unexpected shutdowns that occur within two minutes of boot completion.
    • A Secure Boot error (except for issues related to Bootmgr.efi).
    • A BitLocker error on touch-only devices.
    If users boot to advanced startup from within Windows and select a Windows RE tool, they must provide the user name and password of an administrator account on the local PC. This doesn't apply to the Reset your PC feature.

This tutorial will show you how to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to the Desktop context menu for all users in Windows 10.

While you must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the context menu, all users will be able to use the context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Boot to Advanced Startup Options" context menu and Advanced Startup "Choose an option"

Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1 Do step 2 (add-right click), step 3 (add-Shift+right click) , or step 4 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add Right Click "Boot to Advanced Startup Options" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Boot_to_Advanced_Startup_Options_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Add Shift + Right Click "Boot to Advanced Startup Options" to Desktop Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 5 below.

Add_Shift+Right_Click_Boot_to_Advanced_Startup_Options_context_menu.reg

Download

4. To Remove "Boot to Advanced Startup Options" from Desktop Context Menu
    This is the default setting.

Remove_Boot_to_Advanced_Startup_Options_context_menu.reg

Download
    5 Save the .reg file to your desktop.

6 Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

7 When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

8 You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

TanvanPC, Jul 29, 2018

2. Windows 10 Advance Startup mode not showing menu (only power off menu)

Hi Dany,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Startup options. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps in enabling the Advance boot option.

• Use any administrator account to sign-in/log on to your Windows 10 computer.
    • Once on the desktop window, right-click the Start button from the bottom left corner.
    • From the displayed context menu, click the Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the opened Administrator: Command Prompt interface, type the
      BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY command.
    • Hit Enter to execute the command.
    • Close the command window when done.
    • After this, left-click the Start button.
    • Click Power from the Start menu.
    • From the displayed options, click Restart.

Now follow the below steps and check if you are able to see the
    Advance boot options.

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Write to us, if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 27, 2019
  3. No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly are you accessing the Advance boot option?
    • Are you using Windows 10 installation disk to access the Advance start up options or trying to access through Windows?

I suggest you to follow the below path and check if you are able to see the Troubleshoot option:

• Open Settings, and click/tap on the
      Update & security icon.

• Click/tap on
      Recovery on the left side, and click/tap on Restart
      now under Advanced startup. Check if you are able to view the
      Troubleshoot option.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you with the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. biggieRSA Win User

No Troubleshot option in Advanced startup menu..

Sorry I know this is old but I have a similar problem there is only the shut off your PC option , when I try to access advanced option, whether through windows even holding down the shift key,

biggieRSA, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

6. tracit99 Win User
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10  

I have not tried this, but this link may help you get back to a regular startup. Step 5 in Option 3.

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10

tracit99, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Boot to Advanced Startup Options context menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Boot Advanced

2. Windows not booting into advanced startup options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting into advanced startup options: when I try to boot my system, windows is stuck in an infinite boot loop. After 3 startup errors windows should boot into advanced startup options, but it does not. -Spamming f11 doesn’t work -Resetting motherboard battery doesn’t work -After windows does its “Preparing...
  3. How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Boot to Advanced Startup Options to Context Menu of Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If someone wants to boot to Advanced Startup Options, it becomes really tricky. This is so because it is hidden deep inside the Windows 10 Settings App. This makes it really tedious for someone to use the feature and hence makes [...] This post How to add...
  4. Option to "add to file history" to context menu?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option to "add to file history" to context menu?: Is there any way to include an option to "add to file history" to the context menu? It's tedious to have to jump into settings every time I want to add a folder to it. 140176
  5. Add option to context menu to open file type

in Windows 10 Support
    Add option to context menu to open file type: By default, Windows will open a MIDI file with Windows Media Player on double-click. This is fine. However, I'd like to add the option to open MIDI files to the context menu (right click). As it is, to open a MIDI file with MuseScore (my current preferred software), I have...
  6. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...
  7. Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Power Options Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information A create custom power plans that are optimized for specific computers. All users (standard and administrator) will be able to make...
  8. Advanced Startup Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Startup Option: Hey guys, i want to boot on advance startup option, but everytime i restarted, it just like a normal restart, (settings, recovery then restart) What must be the prblem? i just installed wndows 10 pro. 22998
  9. Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: How to: Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 How to Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 Advanced startup enables you to perform these actions: Start recovery (aka: Windows RE or WinRE), troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools. Boot from a disk (ex:...
  10. Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10: How to: Add Advanced security to Context Menu in Windows 8 and 10 How to Add Advanced security to context menu in Windows 8 and Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Advanced Security Settings to manually change the change permissions, and set up advanced sharing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. In Windows 10 how to change menu options for Advanced Startup