Windows 10: Create my own themes?

Discus and support Create my own themes? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there any way? I know it's possible to save a theme in Windows itself, but I want to create complete themes like these here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Siegfriedm, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Create my own themes?

Is there any way? I know it's possible to save a theme in Windows itself, but I want to create complete themes like these here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13768

:)

Siegfriedm, Aug 24, 2016

2. How to create my own web app 'icon' for my windows mobile 6.1 phone?

how you managed to make the shortcut icon for your web page. please help me out i have to do the same. i will highly appreciate your help.

aijazahmad, Aug 24, 2016
  3. riko3250 Win User
    Nokia Maps, can i create my own maps?

can i create my own Maps, and upload them to my N95

i already use Nokia maps, but the maps, it does'nt cover all my country,

can it be done?

riko3250, Aug 24, 2016
  4. SonicBlue Win User

Create my own themes?

You could copy the system ones in windows (standard theme C:\Windows\Resources\Themes & High Contrast are in C:\Windows\Resources\Ease of Access Themes folder) and use them as a template to learn. Open them in Notepad and once you create a theme, Windows Themes can actually create the installer for you by right clicking the theme in your Windows Themes and select Save Theme for Sharing.
    Your themes are stored in your Users folder under C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

Use this shortcut while in High contrast mode and you can edit the Background colors.
    Color and Appearance shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=Shortcuts

SonicBlue, Aug 25, 2016
  5. Thanks.
    Yesterday, I tried to simply copy some images from a theme in another theme. I merged 2 themes, essentially.
    Well, for some reason, Windows skip some images after a few seconds, even if I set the skip period to 30 minutes. Is this just a bug?

Siegfriedm, Aug 25, 2016
  6. SonicBlue Win User
    Merging might create conflicts. At the bottom of your theme is the section for backgrounds.
    Use this template from one that I created. Note the folder location must be created first " e.g. DarkKnight" and a folder in it must be named "DesktopBackground"...........all located in..........C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    Then when your done making the theme you can save the theme for sharing it will encode the Slideshow in the theme.
    WIN7 and Win10 themes are the same.
    The "Interval" is the time so not sure on the math but i think 900000 is like 15 min.

[Slideshow]
    Interval=900000
    Shuffle=0
    ImagesRootPath=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground
    Item0Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk1.jpg
    Item1Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk2.jpg
    Item2Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk3.jpg
    Item3Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk4.jpg
    Item4Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk5.jpg
    Item5Path=%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\DarkKnight\DesktopBackground\dk6.jpg

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Create my own themes?

1. Create my own themes? - Similar Threads - Create own themes

2. Trying to create my own image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to create my own image: Hi I am trying to create an image, hopefully over my network preferably, but am having issues with the error in the pictureI am able to use this drive to do the regular Backup and Restore feature, but it will not allow me to do an imageI have also tried to do an image on a...
  3. Trying to create my own image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to create my own image: Hi I am trying to create an image, hopefully over my network preferably, but am having issues with the error in the pictureI am able to use this drive to do the regular Backup and Restore feature, but it will not allow me to do an imageI have also tried to do an image on a...
  4. ability to create your own customised windows theme so accessible for students and staff...

in Windows 10 Customization
    ability to create your own customised windows theme so accessible for students and staff...: Hi how can an individual user create a windows theme to meet their particular needs. we have looked at the dark and back themes but this is not suitable. Can they create their own please? ta jim...
  5. I want to create my own GIFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to create my own GIFS: Windows 10, 1909 Looking for a GIFs Maker App, not online Thanks 160071
  6. No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present

No custom theme created when modifying theme - "Save theme" button not present: Hi, I'm trying to create a theme for my PC, however on the Settings page the "Save theme" button is not present. Instead, there is a "Use a custom theme" button which, when pressed, seems to swap me in and out of one of the High Contrast themes. Is there any way I can get...
  7. Create my own shortcut of shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create my own shortcut of shortcuts: Hi! Due COVID-19 I am working remote right now and I'm using Remote Desktop Connection app. My problem is that sometimes I want to change fast between the PC from my job and my personal. I am doing that using CTRL + ALT + HOME and WIN + D which is pretty annoying for me. I...
  8. Creating Desktop Themes for Microsoft Community

Creating Desktop Themes for Microsoft Community: HI there, If one wanted to create some Desktop Themes to provide to the Community to allow others to enjoy, is there a process around that? :) R...
  9. Creating Theme

Creating Theme: How do I create my own theme for my desktop with my own pictures and color choices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_theme/creating-theme/64dfaba7-755f-4757-8e45-34dbdf7e3ede
  10. Creating my own search interface?

Creating my own search interface?: I'm one of the many that is still using Win7 on my primary machine for continued support/access to only a couple apps. One of those apps is DQSD (dqsd.sf.net), and I don't think I could function without it. Due to the way DQSD is designed (it has a dependence on IE ActiveX...