Windows 10: Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Color and Appearance Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Boozad, May 3, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a Color and Appearance Shortcut in Windows 10

Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Windows 10 includes a new black system theme across the Start menu, Taskbar, and Action Center. There is now support for AutoColor which pulls the primary color from your desktop background.

By default, you can choose a color for your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents in the Settings app now.

The old Color and Appearance Control Panel will also let you change the color intensity and includes a color mixer to let you have a wider choice of colors to select from than you can in Settings.

This tutorial will show you how to download or create a Color and Appearance shortcut that opens to the old Control Panel method to change colors for your account in Windows 10.

Note Changing the color in Color and Appearance will no longer affect the color of window borders.

If you turn off show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, your Start menu, taskbar, and action center background will have a black color.

If you turn on color you selected.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a Color and Appearance Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a Color and Appearance Shortcut

EXAMPLE: Color and Appearance in Control Panel and Colors in Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a Color and Appearance Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below you want.
    Color_and_Appearance_shortcut.zip

Download

OR

Colors_in_Settings_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file.

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a Color and Appearance Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below you want to use into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
    (Control Panel)
    *Arrow explorer shell:::{ED834ED6-4B5A-4bfe-8F11-A626DCB6A921} -Microsoft.Personalization\pageColorization

OR

(Settings)
    *Arrow explorer ms-settings:colors

3. Type Color and Appearance for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. Right click or press and hold on the new Color and Appearance shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.

5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, and click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)

6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    *Arrow %SystemRoot%\System32\imageres.dll

7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
    NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.

8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)

9. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Boozad, May 3, 2015
  2. Ramesh Srinivasan, May 3, 2015
  3. roshanlal Win User
    Window color and appearance

When you right click Desktop, then click Personalize, it opens a window which has a preview pane on the right. The upper right has a box which says 'Sample Text'. It used to be 'Window Text' in earlier versions. How do you change the font color of this
    text in Windows 10? Is there a hidden shortcut to get the old Window Color and Appearance menu in Control Panel?

roshanlal, May 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hopefully we'll be able to change the color of window borders in a GUI in a future build. *Smile

Brink, May 3, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks -- this does make the whole thing much more "user friendly". - I'm also testing various systems so it's nice - especially when you've got a load of monitors - to have unique colours for each system. !!!

Incidentally THEMES still work too - although it's hidden in the Personalize options -just right mouse click anywhere on the desktop and choose personalize -- the themes choice will appear and you can then use your old themes (or new ones). Most of the old options still work. Some people thought that THEMES were no longer supported --not true for now.

Also if you simply want to alter the ICON sizes on the desktop without changing anything else simply press CTRL and turn the scroll button on the mouse --that's been working since I think VISTA days.

If you want to create your OWN Icons here's a link to the last FREE version of ICOFX - works a treat.

IcoFX

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 3, 2015
  6. NIV
    Niv Win User
    Is there a way to get the Win 8.1 color options for Solid Colors?
    Win 10 is very limited in color and stuck with those when using slideshow smaller photos.

Like this shortcut here but for this option:

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Niv, *Smile

If you like, you could use the built-in one for Windows 10 below. It's pretty similar to what you posted. However, you would need to use Color and Appearance if you wanted to customize the color more.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  8. NIV
    Niv Win User

Hi *Smile

I am not after the accent colors.
    It is the Background Solid Colors I want to change to something of my own.

The Windows 10 only allow a few selected colors.
    The link to Color And appearance only change accent color and not background color.

So I am looking for a link that takes you to the old "Desktop Background", kinda like the color & appearance one.
    I need to pick my own color using the pallet for background since I use smaller photos in slideshow. The solid color I pick is the one I get as background for the rest of the desk.

Edit: Finally found what I was looking for, w10 already gave me grey hairs from all the tweaks to make it ok for me *Smile

It brings back the entire personlization menu from older win, so I can change my solid color to anything I want.

Now I only need to find a way to change the grey menu when rightclicking apps in taskbar, want the old one back. Then I am happy after 2 days of doing nothing but finding how to change things *Smile

9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  10. NIV
    Niv Win User
    Thank you *Smile
    That brings back everything with 1 click. Perfect.

11. Burgurne Win User
    This downloaded shotcut does not work after TH2 update. Or is it just by me there is a problem?

Well, not quite right. The shortcut IS working, but the colormixer is not working with the sliders.
    Anybody know where in reg. database to see and change colors for titlebars?

Burgurne, Nov 14, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Burgurne, *Smile

It's fully working for me in TH2. Are you sliding them all the way over from one side to the other to see if they work?

Do you have any 3rd party custom theme program installed that could be overriding it?

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  13. Burgurne Win User

No, I do not have any 3rd party theme. I am trying to change the default Windows Theme, and if I just pick one of the preselected colors it works allright, but when I try the sliders here is what happens:

Color intensity: absolute nothing happens when moving this slider
    Hue: It is working allright
    Saturation: Nothing happens except when moving to far left, then the color is changed to clear blue
    Brightness: Nothing happens except when moving to far left, then the color is changed to clear blue

Any idea to how I get this function back?

Burgurne, Nov 14, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm afraid that's how it works now.

The saturation and brightness levels really don't have any affect anymore unless you go to the extreme and move the level all the way to one side or the other. *Sad

Brink, Nov 14, 2015
  15. Burgurne Win User
    Oh, Okay. From your answer in #12:
    "It's fully working for me in TH2" I thought it worked like before, when saturation and brightness worked "fully".

I guess we have a different perception of what "fully working" means *Wink

Burgurne, Nov 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Create Color and Appearance shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Color Appearance

2. Windows Color and Appearance in Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Color and Appearance in Win 10: I'm using Win10 but cannot find the dialog "Window Color and Appearance". Anyone let me know how to change the Font for Active title bar item?Many thanks...
  3. Menu color on Windows 10 Color and Appearance problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Menu color on Windows 10 Color and Appearance problem: I just install Windows 10 X64 2004, and installed Firefox 79.0. This also happened to the Windows Mail (Vista version),The menu bar got blue color and I want it back as before, white background and black color. Please help. [ATTACH] 161896
  4. Shortcuts I create appear on all computers on the Network

Shortcuts I create appear on all computers on the Network: I have 5 Computers tied together on a Wireless Network. The last one, a Dell Laptop, recently installed on the Network has an interesting quirk. If I create a Shortcut on the Dell to open a Program installed on the Dell, that shortcut also appears on other computers that...
  5. CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10

CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WINDOWS 10: WITH WINDOWS 8 AND PRIOR VERSIONS I HAVE ALWAYS ENJOYED CREATING A DESKTOP SHORT CUT FOR EASY ACCESS. I AM SEEKING ADVICE ON HOW TO CREATE THESE IN WINDOWS 10. I AM ABLE TO DO THIS WITH SOME WEBSITES BUT NOT ALL. QUITE OFTEN I END UP WITH THE CHOICE OF SAVING AS A...
  6. create shortcuts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    create shortcuts in windows 10: I have a new harddrive and before could create shortcuts to save icons on desktop but this new hard drive will not let me do it and had windows 10 before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-shortcuts-in-windows-10/9fc8aeae-3ece-406b-adcf-5ecbd3991e61"
  7. Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Connect shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Connect Wireless Display and Audio Devices shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can connect a wireless display or Bluetooth audio device to your PC. Miracast is a wireless...
  8. Create Display Color Calibration shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Display Color Calibration shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Display Color Calibration shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Display Color Calibration shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows comes with the Display Color Calibration wizard tool. You can improve the color on your display by using...
  9. Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Search Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Search Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 offers you many ways to search for files. One way is in File Explorer. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Search shortcut...
  10. Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Settings shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Settings shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Most of the settings you'll want to change in Windows 10 are in Settings. Settings is organized into the separate System, Devices, Network & Internet,...