Windows 10: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

Discus and support Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

How to: Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

How to Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10

Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone.

This tutorial will show you how to create or download a OneDrive shortcut that opens directly to your OneDrive folder for your Microsoft account in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Download a OneDrive folder Shortcut
    • Option Two: To Manually Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut

EXAMPLE: OneDrive folder

OPTION ONE [/i] To Download a OneDrive folder Shortcut
    1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
    OneDrive_folder_shortcut.zip

Download
    2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.

3. Unblock the .zip file..

4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.

5. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.

6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Manually Create a OneDrive folder Shortcut
    1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

*Arrow %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe

3. Type OneDrive for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
    NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.

4. If you like, you can assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
    That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 13, 2018
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Anyone know how to remove "OneDrive - For Business" from the Explorer navigation panel? I've tried just about every registry modification, and windows policy for "Onedrive" but they only seem to work for the consumer product, not for onedrive for business.

The onedrive product alone is so damn annoying and continues to load itself upon startup, even when it's explicitly remove from startup. It continues to automatically load and unload itself from within the startup folder... while I'm actively watching it load itself into the startup folder.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Oct 26, 2019
  6. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Create OneDrive folder Shortcut in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create OneDrive folder

2. Create shortcut from file in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Create shortcut from file in OneDrive: Am I mistaken that in the past you could place a word file shortcut on the android home page. I can't see a way to do it. I also couldn't find a way to copy the file to my android documents folder, from where I planned to create the shortcut. I eventually had to move the...
  3. Windows / OneDrive created a new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows / OneDrive created a new folder: What caused my PC with OneDrive to create a new Folder on OneDrive called "Recovery"? It contains two subfolders called "Customizations" and "OEM". The "Customizations" folder contains a huge usmt file. I recognize that this is a migration file, but I did not knowingly ask...
  4. Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive

Shortcut Folders not Working in OneDrive: Inside of OneDrive I have created folders inside of folders, organizing all of my documents I work with on a daily basis. In some folders I need to shortcut to other folders within these folders. I hope I am not confusing here, But this worked very well for me on windows...
  5. cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10

cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10: Cannot create folders or shortcuts in windows 10 after update about 2 months ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-create-folders-or-shortcuts-in-windows-10/7926a668-06a6-4c62-875e-030ff573ef35"
  6. OneDrive Creates New Folders

OneDrive Creates New Folders: My OneDrive keeps creating new folders which contain some of my files from another folder. I've inserted a snip of what it does. Some of the files in the folder "Current Grants and Contracts" end up in folders which start with "CURRENT~1~..." I didn't create these folders....
  7. Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows How to Create Offline Files Folder Shortcut in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users...
  8. Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows: How to: Create Printers Folder Shortcut in Windows [img] Information The Printers folder allows you to see all printers in one location to make it easy to manage them. This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Printers folder shortcut in Windows 7,...
  9. Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Recent Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information Recent Folders (aka: Recent Places) is a list of folders that you have used or opened recently. These recent folders are also included under...
  10. Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Shared Folders shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create a Shared Folders Shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the Shared Folders Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to centrally manage file shares on a computer. Shared Folders enables...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. create shortcut to onedrive windows 10

2. create shortcut to onedrive location