Windows 10: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Discus and support Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello solpuerto, *Smile I'm afraid that your image is broken. Please upload and attach it again.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by whs, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 11, 2015
  2. solpuerto Win User

Thanks for pointing the problem out. I have now edited my post to include the image I thought I had inserted.

solpuerto, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 12, 2015
  4. solpuerto Win User

Hi Brink

I ran the SFC /SCANNOW command and got the message about not being able to repair some problems, tried again but no change. I then decided to do a REPAIR INSTALL and that allowed me to create a recovery USB but only if I unticked the box. If I left it ticked it failed.

Does this mean I still have a problem?

Many thanks for your help. I must say I find your Tutorials very clear, most helpful and amazing. Great Stuff and I hope you keep up the good work.

Ian

solpuerto, Oct 14, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ian,

You're good to go. Not being able to check the box means that you just won't have that option available with the recovery drive.

Personally, I would recommend to create a Windows 10 USB from a Windows 10 Pro ISO. This way you will also have the option to be able to reinstall Windows 10 if ever needed.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Oct 14, 2015
  6. solpuerto Win User
    Hi Brink

Thanks for response.

I now have a Recovery USB for Win 10 to go with a Win 10 ISO USB and a Win 10 .exe USB together with backup of my Data on an external HDD. I hope that should be enough!!!

solpuerto, Oct 15, 2015
  7. acmanten Win User
    Thanks Shawn: I just used this Tutorial to make a recovery Drive. All is good and be safe.
    My upgrade Win10 system is working well ... I am enjoying learn the things I am able to do and thanks for
    each of your tutorial files... You are sure help to teach us.... Cliff M.

acmanten, Oct 16, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news Cliff. Thank you for posting back with this. *Smile

Brink, Oct 16, 2015
  9. Can the USB drive created with the media creation tool be used to recover a boot failing laptop, without the need to install Windows 10 again?

filipeteles, Nov 2, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello filipeteles, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

The USB will include WinRE that you can boot to and use to hopefully repair the boot failure. It just depends on what's causing the boot failure.

You might see if running a startup repair may help. If not, then please feel free to post a new thread in the forum for this issue to see what we can do to help.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Nov 2, 2015
  11. Thanks!

I'm actually not experiencing any error, but I want to have a way to fix it in case anything happens.

filipeteles, Nov 2, 2015
  12. FortFun Win User
    I created a USB Recovery drive and have since been updated to Build 1511, aka November Update. Do I need to create a new recovery drive?

FortFun, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Create Recovery Drive

2. Create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a recovery drive: Warning: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase any data that's already stored on the drive. can i add OTHER files to the USB after i complete the process or not ? ( W10) 177798
  3. Creating a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a recovery drive: I am not able to create a recovery drive; I always get the error message below. Is there a solution for this? If yes, can a different partition on the hard drive be used as the recovery drive ? [ATTACH]...
  4. Creating recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating recovery drive: Hi I would like to create recovery drive for safety. But when tried doing it windows ask me minimum 16gb drive to create recovery Currently i don't have 16 gb, I have only 4gb pendrive Is there anyway we can create this in 4gb? Or can it be done in local drive and save it...
  5. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: I have been trying to create a recovery drive on 2 Dell laptops. The message I receive at the end is "we can't create the recovery drive" "a problem occurred while creating it." I am using 16gb flash drives. Please help....
  6. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: Hi, got some problems with my sons computer and need to perform a factory reset. First of course we need to create a recovery drive. However, Windows won't let me. Instead I get this message: "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC. Some required files are missing"...
  7. Create Recovery Drive

Create Recovery Drive: I'm trying to create a recovery drive. I followed all the instructions, but the process doesn't recognize the USB drive I inserted (three different ones). I put the USB in an empty port on the front of my PC. Does it need to go in a special port? Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. create recovery drive

create recovery drive: how to create a recovery drive for re-installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive/9d3a86bc-671e-443b-971a-06f457768705
  9. will not create a recovery drive

will not create a recovery drive: i run recovery drive, it says will create on usb D: then says cannot create https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-create-a-recovery-drive/447d2cce-51c2-47a7-8d7a-a644fbdf73b8
  10. Create recovery drive

Create recovery drive: I am in the process of setting up my desktop following the directions at “How to set up Dell computer” (https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln127699/how-to-set-up-your-new-dell-computer?lang=en) Once the desktop loaded, I attempted to Create Recovery Media using...