Windows 10: Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

Discus and support Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Since Creators update, whenever I run Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth It results in "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dyabzhee, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Dyabzhee Win User

Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair

Since Creators update, whenever I run

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

It results in
    "The component store is repairable.
    The operation completed successfully."

Sfc /scannow shows no errors.

Now when I use

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" or

" DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:E:\sources\install.wim" (did with ESD too)

It results in

"The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.
    For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log"

Both clean install and inplace upgrade don't solve the problem

Also, event viewer shows always these administrative errors with ids 7000 and 37 and I don't know if it is related with this dism issue.

:)

Dyabzhee, Apr 9, 2017
  2. 1G_
    1G_ Win User
  3. DAC324 Win User
    Windows 10 Creator Update 1703 build 15063.138 has a package with wrong signature, causing DISM to fail while trying to RestoreHealth.

Hallo,

possibly, there is a solution here:
    https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/81413-creators-update-component-store-shows-corruption-but-unable-repair-post991296.html#post991296

Affected is the package Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0 . There are two occurrences of that package in the registry.

For some reason, DISM is unable to load it from a mounted install.wim or install.esd.

Also note the "Test" in the name of the file. Apparently, it is a remnant from a previous testing build.

The suggestion therefore is to delete these two registry keys (export them first in case you need them back later):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\PackageIndex\Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~0.0.0.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.15063.0]

In addition, the file with names starting with Microsoft-Windows-TestRoot-and-FlightSigning-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64 have to be moved out of the folder c:\Windows\Servicing\Packages so that DISM will not find it any more.

After these measures, there are no more errors when running DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth .

Kind regards,

DAC324, Apr 9, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, given the in-place upgrade install failure, try doing basic checks on your disk first. Do you mean the in-place upgrade install completed, but then your OS failed having booted up, or that the in-place upgrade installation failed to complete?

1. Download and run Crystal Diskinfo (free). It reports Good/Caution/Bad based on SMART params.
    Do not proceed unless Good.

2. From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

dalchina, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Dyabzhee Win User
    My os booted fine every time and it seemed ok , it's just these scan and check health always show corruptions.

I've done chkdsk also but forgot to mention and I am on SSD. It finished in few seconds without any errors found.

Here are the results of the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Dyabzhee, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Derelict Win User
    Hello All Members

Windows 10 Professional x64 (Slovak Language) Version - 1703 / Build 15063.14

When I use the command in command prompt - sfc /scannow

Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair [​IMG]

I open Power Shell and write these commands:

Some Pictures:

Propably i have same problem as Dyabzhee. And we are not alone with this issue. Yesterday i used google to found something informations about this issue and found this topic on the Sysnative.com - https://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/22510-creators-update-dism-repairable-but-cannot-find-source-files-sfcfix-zero-errors.html

Derelict, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Derelict Win User
    Here is small information from CBS.log - when i use command prompt and this commands:

Derelict, Apr 9, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

I can confirm that. Both the systems I have upgraded, one an x86 Pro 15063.13 the other x64 Home 15063.13, report "The component store is repairable" when using:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

The commands...
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:<full path to install.esd>:1
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:esd:<full path to install.esd>:1 /limitaccess
    (where install.esd is the one from the install USB made by the MCT and used to perform the upgrade)

..fail with: Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:esd:d:\x64\sources\install.esd:1 /limitaccess Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.15063.0 Image Version: 10.0.15063.0 [===========================90.1%==================== ] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source. The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]
    Other than that, there are no apparent issues. Both systems appear fully functional.

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Apparently....

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup

Bree, Apr 9, 2017
  10. EdTittel Win User
    Even more interesting: /checkhealth gives my recent upgrades a clean bill of health while /scanhealth gives the error that Bree reports:

Bottom line: I concur that this is a problem with the 15063.13 image that's now standard for recent upgrades/clean installs. Hopefully, MS will fix it sooner rather than later. I'm upvoting Bree's feedback hub post, if I can find it (if you post the title to your feedback hub input, that will help, Bree: TIA).
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 9, 2017
  11. Bree New Member
    You won't, I don't have an MS account so can't post one *Smile
    Robert Richter, the OP of the thread I linked to may have posted one...

12. EdTittel Win User
    More interesting data: reading up on using DISM I learned that it sometimes has more difficulty with esd files than with wim files. The install file in the Media Creation Tool version of 1703 is install.esd. So I hied me off to MSDN and downloaded the latest and greatest ISO file from there and found exactly the same repair issue from that supposedly more usable, DISM friendly version:

I'll be blogging about this tomorrow, but it seems pretty clear that whatever is causing the issue with component store corruption is (a) coming from Microsoft and (b) not currently fixable through ordinary DISM measures. I've now tried both the ESD file from the media I used to upgrade my OS and the WIM file from the MSDN ISO, both with the same failure.
    Very interesting!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2017
  13. Dyabzhee Win User

Yeah. Could you also check administrative event viewer errors If it is not a problem? I keep getting them on every install

Dyabzhee, Apr 10, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    I just checked my Windows logs looking for Critical, Error, and Warning items and I have very little (almost no) overlap with what I see showing in your post. No DCOM items following the upgrade to Creators Update, in fact.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    No change after today's Cumulative Update KB4015583 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.138

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.15063.0 Image Version: 10.0.15063.0 [===========================98.7%========================= ] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.[/quote]

Thema:

1. Creators update component store shows corruption but unable to repair - Similar Threads - Creators update component

2. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  3. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the component store is repairable?: Been having freezing issues with my computer for a while. Been trying to figure out how to resolve it.Trying to check the Window integrity with the DISM commands to resolve my issues but the commands aren't working.The first 2 commands...
  4. the component store is repairable?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?: Command Run As Administrator & using Windows PowerShell as admin and having Ran SFC /scannow, all 3 DISM command lines 3 times, then SFC /scannow again, also chkdsk C: /f /r /x, Windows Memory Diagnostic and Microsoft Safety Scanner....DISM still results with Error: 1392 -...
  6. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?: Command Run As Administrator & using Windows PowerShell as admin and having Ran SFC /scannow, all 3 DISM command lines 3 times, then SFC /scannow again, also chkdsk C: /f /r /x, Windows Memory Diagnostic and Microsoft Safety Scanner....DISM still results with Error: 1392 -...
  7. Win10 Component Store Corruption Repair Does Not Work ?

8. The component store is repairable

The component store is repairable: Hello, my computer has been going slow and crashing since the last update, and I've tried various methods to fix it repairing with media creation tool/windows 10 update assistant, troubleshoot, sfc /scannow, dism ,chkdsk but none seem to work. ScanHealth and CheckHealth...
  9. The component store is corrupted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The component store is corrupted.: Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a problem where I can't download any DirectX, NET Framework, etc. because of the Component Store being corrupted with an Error 0x80073712. I tried running DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, and it said that the Component Store is...
  10. The component store is repairable?

The component store is repairable?: Hello I had ran DSIM ScanHealth, CheckHealth and CHKDSK and while no errors such as a corruption were noted I did see this result "The Component Store is Repairable" I don't know what this means is it a error? A corruption? Does RestoreHealth need to be ran? I've been...