Windows 10: Creators Update issue-Media streaming

Discus and support Creators Update issue-Media streaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue. I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyber Kong, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Creators Update issue-Media streaming

My laptop just got the creators update. Everything seemed fine but I have a slight issue.

I have .mp4 videos that I stream to my Xbox one. Since the update all the video thumbnails are broken. The videos still play but now I get the same generic media icon on every file on my xbox. The files when I look at them on my laptop still have the thumbnails. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

:)

Cyber Kong, Jun 10, 2017

2. May 2017 windows update, video problems

Hi Jim, search for the media pack for your Windows 10 build, I updated to Creator and lost photos as well as video playback, only restored after finding and downloading the media pack for Creator. It appears that after each update of 10 the existing media
    set up gets corrupted, so you, apparently, have to reload the media pack! MS have the downloads available, shame that the so called support teams never mention them!

BrianWedge, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Video streaming to Xbox one issue

Yes it happens to all videos. I have .mp4 and .wmv format videos on my laptop.

I figured this was a Windows issue. This only started after the creators update. I also have another laptop running Windows 10 that hasn't recieved the update yet and video thumbnails are generated on the xbox one when i stream to it.

The result is the same when i stream to other devices like my Bluray player,Playstation 4 and TV. No thumbnails from creator updated laptop.

Cyber Kong, Jun 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Creators Update issue-Media streaming

5. Didn't work.

Weird the files have the thumbnails on laptop but the don't show on the Xbox anymore after creator update.

Cyber Kong, Jun 11, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Creators Update issue-Media streaming

1. Creators Update issue-Media streaming - Similar Threads - Creators Update issue

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  5. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  6. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  8. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  9. Issue with Turn on Media streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Turn on Media streaming: I cannot turn on media streaming. When I push the button Turn on media streaming, it is not working. What can I do for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/issue-with-turn-on-media-streaming/55cb2425-df28-4c09-a79a-039d61d550b2
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...