Windows 10: Critical processor died - after trying to install new graphic driver

Discus and support Critical processor died - after trying to install new graphic driver in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, recently I tried to change my graphic card, worked until I dl the driver for it. During mid driver installation, my monitor restarted then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ryu2017, May 15, 2017.

1. Ryu2017 Win User

Critical processor died - after trying to install new graphic driver

Hello, recently I tried to change my graphic card, worked until I dl the driver for it. During mid driver installation, my monitor restarted then the system restarted. Now I'm getting a blue screen with "Critical Processor died" and this is for both graphic card now.. i switched the cards to see and it is showig up for both cards. I also get E\windows\system32\logfiled\srt\srttrail.txt I tried to do scannow in cmd in advance help option and said there was a error in the upper case. I tried to do system restore but for some reason my C drive isn't on protection mode so now I see the restore points but I can't click on it since it is not on protection mode. It was on before so I don't know what happen. Can't get into windows. After the logo pops up, I get the error. Does that mean I have to reinstall windows....? Please please help me...Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

:)

Ryu2017, May 15, 2017

2. unexpected store exception

ok, here is what I did

usually windows tend to install the graphic driver automatically while i still online

after installed on hard drive

so I had to turn off my connection and install it from Nvidia installer

not long after that I try to reconnect the internet and update my graphic driver thro~

GeForce Experience and when the download almost done I got this critical process died...

I deleted the partition I create a new one

just like when I install a windows from scratch

aftr I got the BSOD 0x00000ef "critical process died" I checked my event viewer and found ton of warning

related to partition C has been..... like that

well.... like always BSOD happened only aftr cold boot

fisalsatria, May 15, 2017
  3. Pesman Win User
    New GMA500 driver: 4.3 Windows Experience Index!

I concur!

No change after installing the new drivers.

Processor is at ...............2.2

Memory is at ..................4.3

Graphics is at .................2.9

Gaming Graphics are at ...2.3

HDD is ...........................4.4 (default drive)

Pesman, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, May 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Critical processor died - after trying to install new graphic driver - Similar Threads - Critical processor died

2. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  3. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu: After I installed Ubuntu on the same drive. Windows 10 broke. It now says CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED on every boot. I can't go into any of the other modes in Advanced Options. If I try boot through the BIOS and not GRUB Bootloader provided by Ubuntu it does not work. Even If I...
  4. CRITICAL PROCCESS DIED after installing Ubuntu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hangs after installing a new graphics driver: My Windows 10 pro Toshiba Satellite L360 - 170 System hangs after I installed an older version of display/graphics driver. Nothing in the system works except the mouse. I tried to uninstall the driver but it won't allow me to navigate into any windows or app? How can I change...
  6. Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10

Critical process died after installing updates on windows 10: Hello. I have a samsung notebook 9 pro. I onced changed to linux theb switched back to windows. After installing windows i have bee using it nicely. One day i updated it and then it brought critical procesz died. I fornated and installed windows again and after updating it...
  7. Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died After Fresh Windows Install: Out of nowhere this morning I started getting "critical process died" blue screen of death error. Interestingly the computer would reset but not boot back into windows but instead launched into bios. I would have to press the power off button and turn it back on to get back...
  8. Critical Process Died - tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Process Died - tried everything: Hello there, so I'm using a Windows 10 Lenovo pc and I'm stuck at the "critical process died" error. I tried everything on the internet from cmd to reset but it lands me back to the blue screen stop code. It seems I've to "reinstall" windows, can someone help me with that?...
  9. BSOD after new processor and graphics card

BSOD after new processor and graphics card: Attachment 61050 Hey guys, I'm pretty computer savvy, however I am having issues with BSODs. I've run memtest, I've run primetest, I've run Super Pi. They all come back with no errors. I've updated to the latest drivers, device manager shows no issues. I've installed a new...
  10. New graphics card is apparently dying.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New graphics card is apparently dying.: Now this is a surprise. Looks like this GeForce GT 730 really was defective after all. I was playing a little with Mac OS X, then due to chipset compatibilty problems i decided to go back to Windows 10. It was finishing installing, so i left the PC alone... When i...