Windows 10: Critical_process_died at startup

Discus and support Critical_process_died at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Several times since Windows 10 has been updated (see attached file) I have received a "Critical_process_died" notification. Sometimes at startup & at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Barbarrosa1, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Critical_process_died at startup

Several times since Windows 10 has been updated (see attached file) I have received a "Critical_process_died" notification. Sometimes at startup & at least one time during normal browsing. Have talked with a local computer shop about various problems & he suggested a clean install. Attached is the dump file per your instructions.
    Appreciate any suggestions.

:)

Barbarrosa1, Dec 16, 2015

2. DLL module not found at startup

It is there and I did disable it. But on disabling it, on turning the PC on, it will first cause a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screen, restart and then let me log in. Disabling the startup entry does remove this error message though.

Abhirup Mondal, Dec 16, 2015
  3. KB3081424 What's included --

I just downloaded the latest kb3081424 on win 10 pro and on restarting had 3 bluescreens, the last one being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED hellpppppp lol

icwhitfield, Dec 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Critical_process_died at startup

Critical_process_died at startup [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Critical_process_died at startup [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

Thema:

Critical_process_died at startup

1. Critical_process_died at startup - Similar Threads - Critical_process_died startup

2. Windows startup repair loop BSOD after update Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows startup repair loop BSOD after update Critical_Process_Died: Startup repair, uninstall updates, safe mode and system restore don't work. Maybe first BSOD was SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I cannot include windows version number. I don't have any diagnostic files. 184050
  3. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Windows 10 Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Windows 10 Startup: Recently I haven’t been able to get onto my PC at all. I first started getting this error message on startup: DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL But now I am getting this error message: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED I cannot boot in safe mode either as I get the same error...
  4. BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED)

BSOD about 10-15 minutes from startup (CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED): My laptop randomly BSODs about 10-15 minutes from boot with the code "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I am running Windows 10 1909 build 18263. It BSODs even in safe mode, and on examining the dump file, it tells me that services.exe crashed due to an Nt!KeBugCheckEx() call. I have...
  5. Windows 10 - "Critical Process Died" BSoD Minutes After Startup (Acer Predator Helios 300...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - "Critical Process Died" BSoD Minutes After Startup (Acer Predator Helios 300...: Laptop specifications include a 144Hz 1080p display, an Intel i7 9750H CPU, a GTX 1660Ti GPU + Intel HD 630 iGPU, 16GB RAM, and a Kingston 256GB NVMe SSD. The Windows version is Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. After purchasing this laptop about a week ago, everything has been fine...
  6. WIN10 Startup CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ntoskrnl.exe

WIN10 Startup CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED ntoskrnl.exe: Couple of days ago my laptop's OS stopped to loading. There is blue screen noticing CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I didn't installed any soft or hardware for months - all systems worked well. Safe mode stills works. I've tried to restore system by DISM and sfc /scannow - that...
  7. Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup

Critical Process Died BSOD on Startup: Hello all, I just recently started having this issue. When I boot the PC, it immediately goes to this BSOD. Auto repair obviously wasn't able to fix it. I can't really post a crash dump as I can't even get into Windows. I don't really know what this error means, but here is...
  8. BSOD Critical_process_died at startup

BSOD Critical_process_died at startup: For several months now (update 1803?), I've experienced BSODs on a steady basis on my Alienware 17R3 running Windows10. At least 1 a day and up to 5 or 6, mostly during the first minutes after a restart or wake-up. Often even before I sign in. BSOD are of the...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and cant read boot device on startup

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and cant read boot device on startup: Hello, I am having BSOD's again. I am getting the above error on the blue screen. It's worse now though because it never makes it past the "collecting data" it just freezes at 0%. After I shut it down and restart it manually, it gives me a black screen with white...
  10. Startup error: stop code Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup error: stop code Critical Process Died: Hello, I am having some trouble fixing my parents' PC. They reported that it wouldn't start up correctly. The motherboard is an Asus P5K SE and the cpu is an Intel Wolfdale E8400 and has been running Windows 10 since last early 2015 (was running windows 7 before that, took...