Windows 10: crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep...

Discus and support crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; the CRX_INSTALL for chrome is causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep deleting the file but Chrome brings it in again every time I click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BarbaraJeffe, Apr 29, 2019.

1. crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep...

the CRX_INSTALL for chrome is causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep deleting the file but Chrome brings it in again every time I click on it.

:)

BarbaraJeffe, Apr 29, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Windows Defender Application Guard extensions for Chrome and Firefox

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18358 | Windows Experience Blog

crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep... [​IMG]
    Tip How to Install Extensions in Google Chrome
    How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome
    How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome
    How to Uninstall Extensions in Google Chrome

How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

Brink, Apr 29, 2019
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 29, 2019
  4. crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep...

How to add GIT and GITHUB as safe applications to Bit Defender

I use BIT DEFENDER internet security 2016

When I'm trying to commit/push/pull/fetch/other I get told Bit Defender has blocked it. I need to be able to mark GIT as safe (to white list it)

Searching on Google shows me how to white list websites but not applications..

Under the ransomware section I can add programs. Mine currently looks like (and this is only part of the list)

crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep... TlfDC.png

As you can see, multiple git.exe

How do I add all of the GIT, GitHub and associated .exe to the allowed list because looking at the list, it appears as if the app resides in the appdata folder and appears to generate a unique string for the folder. I suspect BitDefender is trusting applications by the path, not the name of the application (which makes sense)

MyDaftQuestions, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep...

1. crx_install application for chrome causing bit defender to gag. what should I do. I keep... - Similar Threads - crx_install application chrome

2. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do?: Windows Script Host Can not find script file C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\aclui.dll.js".* Moved from Community Center. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/32224f23-b384-49f6-9603-9976f4adcbee
  3. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do?: My Whiteboard app is not working. Instead of loading my whiteboards, it projects this. It says ErrorPage. ExplanationError:Messages. Unknown ErrorIts reference id: bbf59c93-dbd1-4b0d-b4ab-c1c635d540e1App.AppVersion2023-10-05T03:54:09.200Z...
  4. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do?: hi there, I made my computer account with a work/school email and I have very important things that I need to access unfortunately I have forgotten my password and whenever I try to reset it I realize I made a typo in the email when I created it and so if it sends me an email...
  5. What should I do?

What should I do?: I need to update my pc from windows 8 to 8.1. I already downloaded the update. But my pc isn't getting updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do/3484290c-9722-4c20-a6e8-2bcb0f3f8d79
  6. What should I do?

What should I do?: Reciently I got a trojan virus Win32/Manson.A!a and I don't know how to uninstall it.The first thing I did was scanning my PC with Windows Defender, and it found that virus. I chose "remove" option image 1. I scanned my PC again just to confirm the virus had been deleted....
  7. What should i do ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should i do ?: I just did a restore and chose to keep my files. When it was finished, it booted into a screen asking you to select Windows 10 on Volume 3.There are two options, both of which are identical: Windows 10 on Volume 3.Regardless of whether I choose one of them manually or let it...
  8. What should i do?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What should i do?: Hi, recently i downloaded a program to get a free program photoshop CC 2015,while i was downloading the crack, there were notifications on my computer that it wasa virus/malicious program, although i dont know if it is or not, in the video where i downloading it there...
  9. I keep getting this. What should I do about this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep getting this. What should I do about this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SSI8E [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ils1ze/i_keep_getting_this_what_should_i_do_about_this/
  10. I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a strange virus in Chrome only in Chrome what should i do ?: Every time I start chrome open chrome or open new tab of chrome it's making redirection or open a seach page not google but something else. Then in each website I surf to it's making redirection or if I click on the page I surfed to it's going to this search page or to other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome crash in crx_install