Windows 10: Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC

Discus and support Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. After creating my oobe.wim from my audit.wim, now I'd like to, as I was doing in win7, adding a backup/recovery feature. I'm in a BIOS/MBR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by soleliquido, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC

Hi.
    After creating my oobe.wim from my audit.wim, now I'd like to, as I was doing in win7, adding a backup/recovery feature.

I'm in a BIOS/MBR enviroment and I use diskpart while installing and I create, at the end of the disk0, the recovery partition, setting id=27, size=17Gb to contain the complete install.wim.
    R:\Recovery\windowsRE\winre.wim and R:\image\install.wim are the files in the partition.
    Winre.wim is customized with some drivers and scripts in it, and it's 316Mb.

Then I used to configure REAGENT setting the paths to the winre and the install.wim, along with the bootkey to boot the partition up (F12 - 8600).
    Code:
    I got that win10 doesn't support "setosimage" no more, but I can't figure out how to do it now.
    After executing the instructions, if i type "REAGENTC /INFO", I got this (in italian):
    Code:
    The custom winre.wim is taken correctly, but how can I set the directory for my custom .wim, using this method??

here's the winre.log:
    Code:
    Can you help me with this?
    I found the tutorial here , but it's not fitting my case I think...
    Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance.

:)

soleliquido, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Toothless Win User

Question about Win10 and partitions.

Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC [​IMG]

So I have a partition ready for Win10 but my question is will I still be able to access my other partitions once Win10 is installed? I keep hearing about the "recovery partition won't be able to be used" and I'm wondering if Win10 just doesn't play nice or if I'm good to go.

Toothless, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Mar 17, 2020
  4. MarcAvt Win User

Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Volume License

Good afternoon,

I have two questions about Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC.

1). Is it possible to buy volume license of Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC for only 3 computers?

The point is that I need this for different small and big companies that I install only 3 computers for a specific area.

So Volume license is normally for big companies with a big amount of computers but not this case that only is going to be between 3 and 5 computers maximum for each company.

2). Is is possible to upgrade from Windows 10 Pro 1903 to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 version?

Just adding the key I know is possible but my doubt is that Pro version is bigger than the current Enterprise version available right now. So this is going to work?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Marc.

MarcAvt, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC

1. Custom recovery partition on win10 enterprise LTSC - Similar Threads - Custom recovery partition

2. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC: Hi all,I am looking to understand if it is possible to "upgrade" from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC. We have some devices that currently are in use with Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC installed. As this version is now out of support and not...
  3. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC: Hi all,I am looking to understand if it is possible to "upgrade" from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC. We have some devices that currently are in use with Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC installed. As this version is now out of support and not...
  4. Can I upgrade from Win10 enterprise 2019 LTSC to Win10 enterprise IoT 2019 LTSC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to activate Win10 Enterprise LTSC with normal key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Win10 Enterprise LTSC with normal key?: Hi, I've installed a clean Win10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation, downloaded from the Microsoft webapge, and bought a license key to activate it. Now, the Activation panel shows an error saying it's not able to connect to servers, and the code error 0x87E10BC6. When I try...
  6. How to activate Win10 Enterprise LTSC with normal key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Win10 Enterprise LTSC with normal key?: Hi, I've installed a clean Win10 Enterprise LTSC Evaluation, downloaded from the Microsoft webapge, and bought a license key to activate it. Now, the Activation panel shows an error saying it's not able to connect to servers, and the code error 0x87E10BC6. When I try...
  7. How to activate Win10 Enterprise LTSC with normal key?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Win10 version 1809 Enterprise LTSC licensed?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 version 1809 Enterprise LTSC licensed?: Please I would like to know is that looks ok to you? 180423
  9. Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom Recovery Partition: Hello, I have a fresh intalled Win-10 NVMe P50 with all necessary drivers etc. All factory partitions were deleted before installing Win-10. Was wondering how to create a Recovery Partition that would work like Lenovo factory system does when one restores system to...
  10. Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition: How to: Factory recovery - Create a Custom Recovery Partition [img] Information Most computers today with OEM pre-installed Windows come with a so called Factory recovery partition. This partition allows users to restore Windows 10 to it's original state, as it was when...