Windows 10: Customize File Explorer look

Discus and support Customize File Explorer look in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I customize my File Explorer so that it appears like my Computer? 56083 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gogreen, Jul 12, 2016.

1. gogreen Win User

Customize File Explorer look

How do I customize my File Explorer so that it appears like my Computer?

:)

gogreen, Jul 12, 2016

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Jul 12, 2016
  3. File Explorer--Customize to See File Name?

These kinds of replys need a Not Helpful button to click. Someone please tell Microsoft:

When someone asks a question, with the answer include the HOW. Thanks

spender1122, Jul 12, 2016
  4. gogreen Win User

Well, that was easy: To make File Explorer open to the This PC view, click the File menu, and select “Change folder and search options.” Click the “Open File Explorer to” box at the top of the window and select “This PC” instead of “Quick access.” *Cool

gogreen, Jul 12, 2016
  5. derekimo Win User
Thema:

1. Customize File Explorer look - Similar Threads - Customize File Explorer

2. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  3. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sort Customization: How do u sort files on windows explorer ? I mean putting them in a certain order other than the normal. like if I want a certain file to be on top that's alphabetically coming second or to the bottom. Changing the order and moving files or folders in the hierarchyHow can I do...
  4. File Explorer Sort Customization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Custom Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Custom Layout: Hey guys, I hope you're all well! Does anyone know if it would be possible to mod or create a script for file explorer to start a custom process when clicking and opening a drive. For example, when I open drive E:/, I would like three explorer windows to open. 1 in the top...
  6. Adding Custom File Explorer Column?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Adding Custom File Explorer Column?: Hello, I often work through a series of files in a directory and I'd like a way to identify which ones are done and which ones I am still working on. I know I can re-name the files but I'm wondering if there is a way to add a column to File Explorer that would be a YES/NO...
  7. File explorer custom searching

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer custom searching: In the search box in file explorer you can type date: or datemodified or size and you're supposed to get a GUI / calendar where you can specify dates, size etc... I get nothing...I cannot bring up anything of the modifiers. If i search for a word or a *.* I get results but I...
  8. Are there custom themes for File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there custom themes for File Explorer?: I think the current file explorer looks extremely dated. I heard about a new version coming with 2004 but alas, nothing. So is it possible to find custom themes/skins only for the file explorer? :) submitted by /u/NZ9_001 [link] [comments]...
  9. Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Customize Ribbon options in File Explorer: [ATTACH] I have restricted access to folder options but still, there is Hidden Items Checkbox in the ribbon which is working. How can I restrict it or remove it from the ribbon?...
  10. File Explorer customized format

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer customized format: I would like to always have my File Explorer window open with the This PC section expanded and everything else (such as Quick Access or One Drive) not expanded. I know it will open the way you leave it when you close it, but isn't there a registry change or group policy to...