Windows 10: Customizing Windows 10

Discus and support Customizing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Forum Users, My question relates to customizing Windows 10 image to be deployed in workplace. Last evening I was watching video on YouTube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ayubjon, May 10, 2016.

1. ayubjon Win User

Customizing Windows 10

Hello Forum Users,

My question relates to customizing Windows 10 image to be deployed in workplace.

Last evening I was watching video on YouTube where two people from Microsoft demoed Nano Server. I understand that Nano server is deeply customized, however, can we do some customization to Windows 10 in order to get rid of some features that we do not use in corporate environment. For example, Hyper-V will be first candidate to be removed, as in corporate environment end users will not use Hyper-V.

Overall, I want to increase Windows 10 footprint, and make it faster.

Best regards.

:)

ayubjon, May 10, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, May 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, May 10, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Customizing Windows 10

Control Panel > Programs and features > Turn windows features on or off.

CountMike, May 10, 2016
  5. ayubjon Win User
    Thank you for your reply. That is of course one option, however, what I want is to remove some features completely so that Windows 10 gets "lighter".

ayubjon, May 10, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Beside those, which other features would you like to remove ?
    You could uninstall all APPs for instance, some of them work in the background: Apps - Uninstall in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=Programs%20Features for instance.
    Or turn Cortana off: Cortana - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums[1]=Programs%20Features
    Superfetch/prefetch can be turned off in services.
    Hibernate can also be turned off to save disk space: Command Prompt (as administrator): powercfg.exe /hibernate off

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Customizing Windows 10

1. Customizing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Customizing

2. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...
  3. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...
  4. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

6. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  7. Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there."

Stuck on boot screen after update: "Customizing features for you. You are 98% there.": Got a new Computer, set it up with win11, and it autoupdated yesterday. It did not finish and got stuck on the boot screen: "Customizing features for you. You're 98% there. Please keep your computer on."I restarted a couple of times, but it always ends up there. When...
  8. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  9. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...: I am looking for a way to run a custom script which is located on my local drive when I receive a specific notification based on notification title? or from an edge notification from a specific url?I am using omnichannel on the CRM dynamics platform to receive phone calls in...
  10. how to execute a custom script based on a specific windows notification or edge...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing