Windows 10: Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II

Discus and support Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am mostly getting the hang of Robocopy. I have hidden Cyberlink and Feedback Hub, and blocked them from showing in the file list. But I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II

I am mostly getting the hang of Robocopy.

I have hidden Cyberlink and Feedback Hub, and blocked them from showing in the file list.

But I am not sorting out how to skip the files. I have gleaned a basic understanding of Attributes and I have an idea of how to build the Robocopy command.

But I clearly have something mixed up or incomplete.

ERROR : Invalid Parameter #4 : "/XA:ATTRIB+H:CyberLink"

Here is my command. I am shaky on both on the syntax and the ordering.

Note: where the big grin object is appearing the code should the code should read /DCOPY colon mark then DA with the space deleted, No idea how it is getting in or how to get rid of it. Sorry.

ROBOCOPY C:\Users\mikei\Documents I:HP.Files /MIR /XA:ATTRIB+H:CyberLink /X:ATTRIB+H:FeedbackHub /DCOPY*BiggrinA /v /tee /ts /log:"I:\log.HP.temp.txt"

Can anybody get me on the right path?
    Help me get rid of the grin?

Thanks for any suggestions and solutions.

:)

mikeincousa, Sep 11, 2018

2. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

Why are these in my default "Documents" folder?

Their presence there crash creating a mirror using Robocopy.

Can they be removed without any negative effects?

Thanks for any thoughts.

mikeincousa, Sep 11, 2018
  3. lx07 Win User
    Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

Sure: properties > Location

See this tutorial: Documents Folder - Move Location in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Be careful with robocopy though if you try to use it to backup C:\Users\you\OneDrive (which you can also relocate documents to). It will not fail but will copy your documents same size but full of NULL. Suggest you check backups after if you do that as there is a unresolved issue there. I'll update this with more details when I can find them Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II :)

Until then I'd suggest not using robocopy to backup OneDrive as it doesn't work reliably - I lost about 20k small .txt files by assuming size and date was enough.

4. Try3 Win User

Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II

Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

Mike,

You can do the "what you suggested putting the files in a MyDocuments folder" solution in two stages with some tidying up afterwards.
    - This is not answering "Is there a way to make MyDocuments act as a default location replacing Documents?" because those applications will continue to create subfolders in whatever is set as the default Documents folder.
    - This suggestion is an alternative approach that will give you a decent folder structure for your RoboCopying whilst avoiding those unwanted folders.

1 Create the folder you actually want to use for your own documents anywhere you want but if your other user folders [such as Desktop, Music, ...] are in the default location C:\Users\YourUserName then it would make sense to put it in the same area.
    1.1 Call it almost anything you want [such as C:\Users\YourUserName\MikeDocs] - avoid calling it Documents or MyDocuments for the time being because those path names have a special meaning for Windows that might clash with the existing one.
    1.2 Move all your own files & subfolders into the new folder.

2 "Relocate" your existing Documents folder [i.e. the thing that now only contains stuff you have no interest in] using the procedure lx07 gave you above.
    2.1 I suggest you put it somewhere you will not need to bother with. So you could relocate to C:\Users\YourUserName\UnwantedDocuments.
    2.2 During the procedure, Windows will ask if you want to move the existing contents there and you will be able to answer Yes because there is only rubbish left in it.

3 Tidying up
    3.1 Have a look at C:\Users\YourUserName\UnwantedDocuments in File explorer. It might appear to have the path C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents but the true full path will be revealed if you click in File explorer's address bar. It is the combination of apparent path names & real path names that made me suggest using something completely different to avoid complications. You can call your own "MikeDocs" folder anything you want that does not clash with these names. [[I was able to use the name Documents instead of DenisDocs or similar because my own documents are in D:\Documents but the relocated folder is at E:\Documents where I never have to bother with it.]]
    3.2 Alter the path you use in your RoboCopying to the new "MikeDocs" folder.
    3.3 Right-click on the "MikeDocs" folder & select Pin to Quick access. That will give you a ready means of getting there quickly.
    3.4 You could also consider putting a shortcut to "MikeDocs" as an alternate ready route there.
    3.5 Open each of your applications in turn and check its options / preferences for anywhere you can put in "MikeDocs" as a default folder.3.5.1 Whether or not there is such an option, save a testfile to "MikeDocs" because many applications remember the last saved location and they will start there the next time you want to save a file.
    3.5.2 Then use the application's open file procedure to open your testfile and save it again. Many applications also remember the last open folder used and they will start there the next time you want to open a file [some will only remember it if you both opened a file from there and then went on to save it later].
    3.5.3 Then delete all the testfiles you made or you'll look at them next month & wonder what they are.3.6 Remember that, if you have not suppressed their display, the File manager entry within ThisPC for Documents will now point to the UnwantedDocuments folder that you will not normally want to use. The link has some illustrations in case you are not sure what I mean in this para.

All the best,
    Denis

Thema:

Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II

1. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring Part II - Similar Threads - Cyberlink Feedback Hub

2. feedback hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    feedback hub: how to upload a video file to Feedback Hub https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/bf107137-dfc9-4661-b50a-de3caaeadd8c
  3. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  4. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Feedback Hub: How can I give feedback if my organization has disabled Feedback Hub? It is totally missing from Apps and Features. Is there no website where feedback can be sent? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feedback-hub/fd7dbb5e-df48-46c0-80cf-0dab7d122833
  5. Feedback Hub?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feedback Hub?: Feedback Hub? Right of the clock. lower right corner there is symbol. Notifications. Notices do appear. On Sept. 9, 2020 a Notice appeared. I checked Out the Notice. What appeared. Feedback Hub "Windows recently updated your device. How satisfied are your with the...
  6. Feedback Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Feedback Hub: Used the hub to report problems, never had a reply or solution. This is one of my "Problems" Been using the win10 64 bit photos app and lots of my photos have location information in them. When viewing the photos in the app, click on the "File Info" and it displays a small...
  7. Feedback hub

Feedback hub: I want to disable shortcut key Win+F (take screenshot and popup feedback hub) as I accidentally press Win+F frequently as it is quite near to Ctrl+F key which I use often. There is no way to disable Win+F so I intend to uninstall feedback hub now, may I know is it easy to...
  8. Feedback hub

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Feedback hub: Hello everyone. There is a big problem with feedback hub in Windows 10. As we know, Duo to prohibitions of USA, some of windows features like store is blocked for users if thy set their location to Iran or North korea but if we set our location to countries out of these...
  9. Feedback Hub

Feedback Hub: I have a grip of file folders and files in the feedback hub. I upgraded to Windows 10 months back but have had continuous problems with connected devices, drivers, etc. So the files in the feedback hub were created within the last couple of months. Can I delete all these...
  10. Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring

in Windows 10 Support
    Cyberlink and Feedback Hub | Robocopy Mirroring: Why are these in my default "Documents" folder? Their presence there crash creating a mirror using Robocopy. Can they be removed without any negative effects? Thanks for any thoughts. 114112