Windows 10: Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

Discus and support Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jen_A_A, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Jen_A_A Win User

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes

For several days, I have been getting several different codes and I need some help trying to track down the issue. I have uploaded the minidump files to my public Onedrive along with the events from the past month. I don't think all instances are listed as I had to restart several times because the BSOD bugcheck would stall at 100% and stay there indefinitely. I had one on July 11, then all of a sudden, several a day starting July 22.

System details (custom build):

ASRock X370 Pro4

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x

2x8 GB GSkill Flare DDR4 2400

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 3gb

Thermaltake 750w psu

Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 Build 18362.239

Items already checked:

• check disk
    • system file checker
    • memory checker
    • memtest86 (16 errors test 13, log also in Onedrive)-From reading about errors on this test, I don't believe the RAM is the culprit
    • Flashed BIOS to v5.10
    • checked through drivers in device manager, no warnings
    • did not install the latest GPU driver from Nvidia, as it caused near constant BSOD the last time I installed it
    • scanned for virus and malware with AVG

Other items to note:

• This system is used primarily for CAD applications, not gaming
    • No major software was installed prior to these crashes, AVG updated on July 22, along with Mozilla
    • I see there is some cumulative updates for Windows available since all this happened, I will be updating after posting this
    • No hardware changes
    • Did not update BIOS past v5.10, because I am confused about the requirement for the AMD all in one graphics driver in order to update BIOS further-my CPU does NOT have integrated graphics, so I wasn't sure if I should/should not install that

I was planning on trying driver verification next, but thought I'd see if someone more experienced at troubleshooting could help first.

Here's a link to the minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmKSdGSLJ6hma8-LNSCUJCHwer8

Any help is greatly appreciated, this is causing a lot of time lost. TIA!

:)

Jen_A_A, Jul 28, 2019
  2. Smurfmans Win User

daily BSOD during normal windows use (not gameplay)

Here you go:
    step16a, 16b and 17:

Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes [​IMG]

and I used Everything to find WFP-20190203-1043.dmp (430 MB):
    WFP-20190203-1043.dmp - Google Drive

Smurfmans, Jul 28, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    System lockups, BSOD, games crash. errors vary.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please uninstall ASUS software, it is known for causing bluescreens.

Diagnostics Test
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Daily crashes with varying BSOD codes - Similar Threads - Daily crashes varying

2. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  3. Daily crashing/BSOD

Daily crashing/BSOD: Hi, I bought my parts and built my computer around 6 months ago, and it's mostly been fine up until recently. It would occassionally crash to a black screen with distorted pixel colours, other times it'll just freeze on the last frame it crashed, always during gaming though,...
  4. Daily BSOD crashes.

Daily BSOD crashes.: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aiw5FDZ8g9xpgkMl-aJk_ijVkcge?e=KJLRoC Here is the minidmp from driver verifier induced crash, an export of msinfo32 and my system specs. I have double checked to make sure all my drivers are up to date and i have the latest windows update installed. With...
  5. Daily BSOD Crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Daily BSOD Crashes: Hello, i've been dealing with Daily BSOD Crashes with a pc i got factory new. I have no other troubles with it but i've been getting lots of crashes specially while idle or watching something for lengthy periods. I did a memtest86 to check if my ram was faulty, but it did 4...
  6. Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes

Recent BSODs with Varying Stop Codes: Recently, I had 5 BSODs at seemingly varying times -- not during game/app startup or anything. The stop codes have been PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, etc. Looking them up, they seem to be very unspecific and related to drivers or Windows updates....
  7. Daily BSoD Crashes

Daily BSoD Crashes: I've been getting BSoD multiple times daily for about 6 months now. I've tried seemingly everything that I can to fix it without spending money. The most common crashes I get are DPC_Watchdog_Violation or Kernel_Security_Check_Failure. Any advice would be awesome....
  8. Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues

Varied BSOD Crashes/Boot Issues: Built a new system beginning of December and regularly get a shopping list of BSODs for apparently different reasons. Also occasionally run in to boot issues in which display and usb won't start, and the PC attempts to reset after about 10 seconds only to continue in a...
  9. Daily BSOD crashes.

Daily BSOD crashes.: I've been getting BSOD crashes increasingly for the past couple of months, it started out as a couple times a month, and now its multiple times a day. Mostly UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I don't know if this is relevant, but i replaced my hard drive a...
  10. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...