Windows 10: DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS

Discus and support DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My WiFi Modem as of yesterday recorded about 12GB. Obviously it came with no instructions indicating that any usage is recorded anywhere but on NY day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by D.Charner, Dec 31, 2018.

1. D.Charner Win User

DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS

My WiFi Modem as of yesterday recorded about 12GB. Obviously it came with no instructions indicating that any usage is recorded anywhere but on NY day it recorded about 12MB which leaves me relying on Win. 10 data usage but it only records 30 days usage with no apparent option to modify it. Usage Apps. from the store also seem to be restricted to 30 days. Is there some way to just record usage from a given point?

:)

D.Charner, Dec 31, 2018

2. Data Usage for the past 30 days

Hi

Configuring data usage is no longer available in Windows 10. We suggest to either getting a program that measures data usage or contacting your ISP to check for options on measuring data usage.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Data card usage in windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to check which application is using Data.

• Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the
      Network & Internet icon.

• Click/tap on Data usage on the left side. You will now see a general overview of the network data usage from the last 30 days on your PC.

• Click/tap on the Usage details link on the right side under
      Overview.

• You will now see how much network data has been used by each app from the last 30 days.

After that go to task manager and End Task the Application which uses the internet.

• Press ctrl +shift +Esc to open Task manger.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 31, 2018
  4. lankydave Win User

Data Usage for the past 30 days

I have just changed ISP, which I think has caused me a problem which may be easy to solve.

I look at the Data Usage in Settings regularly just to cross check other forms of measurement. But since signing up to my new ISP the "Data Usage" module seems to have become disconnected and has been reducing day by day despite some heavy downloads from
    Microsoft. My ethernet is recorded at 4 GB for the last 30 days when I know that yesterday alone there was about 3.2 GB downloaded.

How can I reconnect this module to my new router ? I have changed nothing that I am aware of, just replaced one router with another.

Thank You.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

lankydave, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. DATA USAGE BEYOND 30 DAYS - Similar Threads - DATA USAGE BEYOND

2. 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  3. 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    30 days: Hi can u please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/30-days/86fbd689-8b50-44d1-a85f-f022bca8f1cb
  4. 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. System used 40GB of data past 30 days

System used 40GB of data past 30 days: In Data Usage, it says that my system has used 42GB of data the past 30 days. Is this normal?I have 160GB used total the past 30 days, 100GB to firefox, 6GB to javaw. I have also noticed my internet being slower than usual, especially in games.If this is not normal, what...
  6. System Data Usage 30GB a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Data Usage 30GB a day: For the past two months, my "system" data usage has been hitting 30GB a day. I've gone through all of the previous posts about changing different settings and turning off apps to try to limit it but it still hasn't dropped below 25GB a day. What could be causing this issue?...
  7. System Data Usage 30GB a day

System Data Usage 30GB a day: For the past two months, my "system" data usage has been hitting 30GB a day. I've gone through all of the previous posts about changing different settings and turning off apps to try to limit it but it still hasn't dropped below 25GB a day. What could be causing this issue?...
  8. Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days: Hello all! I am trying to understand why my new laptop with Windows 11 installed on it would utilize 490 gigs of data. I recently received a data overage bill from my internet provider....any suggestions on why this may happen and what I could do to prevent it from happening...
  9. Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days

Data Usage - over 490 gigs of used by "system" in last 30 days: Hello all! I am trying to understand why my new laptop with Windows 11 installed on it would utilize 490 gigs of data. I recently received a data overage bill from my internet provider....any suggestions on why this may happen and what I could do to prevent it from happening...
  10. Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 total wifi data usage from last 30 days not match to app usage details: I checked the wifi data usage of my PC on the path SETTINGS > NETWORK AND INTERNET > DATA USAGE, it shows the total data usage is 10G. When I further check and clicked into USAGE DETAILS, the sum of all apps is only 7G. Alternatively, when I turned my PC to flight mode,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to check data usage of last 30 days using cmd