Windows 10: Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes

Discus and support Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, guys I need to disable the 'antimalware service executable' for about 90 minutes, which is the duration of my live musical stream and i need my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cosmicguitar, May 30, 2020.

1. Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes

Hi, guys

I need to disable the 'antimalware service executable' for about 90 minutes, which is the duration of my live musical stream and i need my computer resources all focused in the stream, so that the sound of my instruments are nice and beautiful. I am experiencing noises due to memory and CPU usage and one of programs running in the background is W defender.

I have Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363

It would be nice to simply be able to turn on and off 'antimalware service executable' for the desired amount of time and then have it back running nicely.

Thank you.

:)

cosmicguitar, May 30, 2020

2. How can I deactivate the Windows Defender

Original Title: Windows Defender

Please tell me how can I deactivate the Windows Defender. I have got Mc Affee to protect my device and it's doing a good job, I don't need a second scan, as it's slowing down my PC and this is very annoying. Please tell me what to do step by step. Thank
    you!

angelicastefan, May 30, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 30, 2020
  4. tomprinz Win User

Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes

Windows Defender- Full scan stops at about 90%

Harkanwar,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I manually opened windows update and downloaded one win sys update and the definitions for Win Defender.

There was no specific method to update Win Defender.

Ran the scan......it ran for 5:58 and scanned 2,857,630 items before it stopped. I would estimate it is about 90% complete.

tom prinz

tomprinz, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes

1. Deactivate W Defender for 90 minutes - Similar Threads - Deactivate Defender minutes

2. USB attached storage pauses for 90 seconds every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB attached storage pauses for 90 seconds every 15 minutes: I have been using a Drobo 5c for several years now for my plex data and it has been working without issue. Recently it started pausing during playback for exactly 90 seconds every 15 minutes or so and then resumes normal operation. This happens if I am using Plex or just...
  3. Not able to deactivate windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to deactivate windows defender: Hi, I am trying to deactivate my windows defender to install some apps, but when I try it shows the message, "your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app windows 11" I already try by going to the registry policy and erase de policies files for windows...
  4. Not able to deactivate windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to deactivate windows defender: Hi, I am trying to deactivate my windows defender to install some apps, but when I try it shows the message, "your it administrator has limited access to some areas of this app windows 11" I already try by going to the registry policy and erase de policies files for windows...
  5. Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender deactivated and cannot be reactivated: Hi,I cannot start my Windows Defender. I just noticed, it was deactivated for reasons unknown to me. As I suspected a virus or malware could be the cause, i checked the system with the Malicious Software Removal tool from Microsoft, but it couldn't find anything. Is the...
  6. Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating

Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating: Since the previous Windows Update on restart either Windows Defender is deactivated or I'm shut out of ransomware protection settings, I'm not sure though if ransomware protection is disabled. When I reactivate Windows Defender I also have to reactivate periodic scanning....
  7. Win10 deactivated (I didn't change H/W)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 deactivated (I didn't change H/W): Hi All - while attempting to troubleshoot another PC I naively took out my SSD with a long time working/activated Win10 and popped it in the other machine. Very quickly I thought uh-oh and put it back in the original and unchanged PC. Now my machine thinks my hardware has...
  8. Windows Defender using 90% of my ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender using 90% of my ssd: [ATTACH] Nice one Microsoft, time to disable this mess submitted by /u/Scorthyn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dyiht6/windows_defender_using_90_of_my_ssd/
  9. Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP

Boostmypc Threat detected by Windows Defender every few minutes = w/no solution = HELP: Thx in advance New refurbished PC just started up with Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from Win7 I think) and refurb win10 license. Windows Defender keeps notifying of threat, but no solution. Maybe came with original pc? I am OK is I wipe drive and reinstall win10 and start...
  10. Upgraded W Defender in W10 1709

Upgraded W Defender in W10 1709: As a novice I am definitely qualified in PC security. With the installation of W10 1709 I noticed Defender is supposedly very much upgraded. Question, is the upgraded Defender strong enough to use as my primary security software? I previously had McAfee. 96624