Windows 10: Dead screen at start up

Discus and support Dead screen at start up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have downloaded Win ten onto three computers using the downloaded programme on a memory stick. Laptop absolutely perfect second on a PC, perfect,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobkat, Aug 16, 2015.

1. bobkat Win User

Dead screen at start up

I have downloaded Win ten onto three computers using the downloaded programme on a memory stick. Laptop absolutely perfect second on a PC, perfect, third PC,(mine), press the power button and quickly get the screen lighting and then the ten four squres window showing but fuzzy, then screen goes black. Computer continues to load. After some time, only recourse is to hold the power button on until computer stops. Then re press power button and the computer starts up slowly but is now ok, screen on. This happens every day, clearly there is a problem but what can I do to cure it?

Thanks

:)

bobkat, Aug 16, 2015

2. Lock screen at start up

Thanks! Very helpful!

ShannonPitts, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Dead screen at start up

1. Dead screen at start up - Similar Threads - Dead screen start

2. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  3. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  4. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dead On Start Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dead On Start Up: I restarted my pc and now after I sign in I have about five seconds where it works, afterwards I can no longer do anything. My mouse works but I can’t click anything. My keyboard still works and I managed to open up startup programs and disable everything with my keyboard. It...
  6. Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?: I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place. At any rate, no one responded. Windows 10 version 1909 The problem appeared about three months ago. My keyboard layout is for the Icelandic language. It includes a dead key...
  7. start up screen

start up screen: start up screen has an owl its a bad omen to my people how do i change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-screen/72d059db-8965-489a-aae1-b614bd0ff1e7
  8. Start-up screen

Start-up screen: A start-up screen wastes time by filling up with program icons that I do not want. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/start-up-screen/0e0e8efa-41d5-4dc7-81fe-c48add885755
  9. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu dead: So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times, fsc /scannow (it said all good) and the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  10. Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...: Late last week, Microsoft pushed out a new build of Windows 10 to those of you who are participating in the 'Insiders' program. The latest version of Windows 10 comes with it many new features, some easily accessible, others not, but one thing is for certain, the Charms bar...