Windows 10: default download location

Discus and support default download location in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Somehow after downloading a pdf file, when I went to open it, the file is saved on something called "microsoft office click to run integrated office".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shygirlvanmini, Mar 4, 2019.

1. default download location

Somehow after downloading a pdf file, when I went to open it, the file is saved on something called "microsoft office click to run integrated office".
    This is not where I intended it to be, and I have never seen things download to this before.
    Can someone tell me how to get my default back on their?
    I am running windows 10.

Thank you in advance!!

:)

shygirlvanmini, Mar 4, 2019

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 4, 2019
  4. default download location

Is there any way to choose a download location and name in Edge instead of getting the default name and the Download directory?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the download location for Microsoft Edge.

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to change the default download location in Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open File Explorer.

• Right click on Downloads and select
      Properties.

• Select Location tab and click Move
      and then select where you want to have your downloads to be saved.

For more information about Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, please post back for further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

default download location

1. default download location - Similar Threads - default download location

2. Default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save location: Question in the image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-save-location/78159927-885e-4c2d-96b4-2630a5117bb2
  3. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  4. default app location

default app location: I was trying to change the location where new apps are installed by default, from my ssd to my hard drive. However, when i try to change it to the new location, my computer asks me the following "Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive,...
  5. default desktop and downloads location

default desktop and downloads location: I basically fused my default Downloads and desktop folders so now anything that goes to my downloads folder also appears on my desktop and vise versa i accomplished this by, going into the properties of both my download and desktop folders and changing the path on the...
  6. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  7. Default Library location

Default Library location: How do I restore the libraries to their default location. I have tried bringing up properties on the default library folder and changing location to the default but it says it can't continue because the destination location already gas a folder by that name. Why doesn't it...
  8. Location of Default Apps?

Location of Default Apps?: When selecting my Default Apps for Windows 10, I would like to know WHERE the Default App is located (as in, the path to the *.exe for the Default App - on which hard drive). This is due to various reasons, but the most recent example is this: I want to make Google Chrome...
  9. Default Save Location and Location Tab

Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  10. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084