Windows 10: Default Downloads

Discus and support Default Downloads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cant find it anywhere. Where do I return downloads to its default of downloads. Win 1903 changed my to 'pictures' - I want downloads back. 136614 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Default Downloads

I cant find it anywhere. Where do I return downloads to its default of downloads. Win 1903 changed my to 'pictures' - I want downloads back.

:)

elbmek, Jul 15, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Downloads :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 15, 2019
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Default Downloads

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Default Downloads

1. Default Downloads - Similar Threads - Default Downloads

2. Default Downloads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Downloads: I cant find it anywhere. Where do I return downloads to its default of downloads. Win 1903 changed my to 'pictures' - I want downloads back. 136614
  3. Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...

Downloads folder default view changed to friendly dates after installing the official May...: I don't user insider builds on my computer. I only use official public versions of Windows 10 updates. On Tuesday June 18th I installed the May 2019 update on my computer and my default view for my downloads folder changed to friendly dates. I thought this was removed from...
  4. App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.: I am attempting to download the most current Nox Player app to my Windows 10 PC but it keeps attempting the download to my D drive instead of my C drive. I do not have the room on my D drive for the download. I am unable to get it to download to my C drive. My computer...
  5. Returning downloads time out because it comes to the default gateway

Returning downloads time out because it comes to the default gateway: This is driving me crazy. I fixed it once with "sfc /scannow", but it comes back and haunts me. I try to download from any web site. For example http://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v...ectdlfull.exe; this returns> The connection has timed out The server at 192.168.1.1 is...
  6. Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined

Default Downloads and Pictures folders are getting mixed up, renamed, combined: Hi all, I recently made the switch from Mac to Windows, and so far so good—I got a Dell Inspiron 5680 and am loving it. I bought the computer with a small SSD and a large HDD, and to free up space on the SSD I want to move the default Libraries folders to the HDD. I...
  7. default download location

default download location: Somehow after downloading a pdf file, when I went to open it, the file is saved on something called "microsoft office click to run integrated office". This is not where I intended it to be, and I have never seen things download to this before. Can someone tell me how to get...
  8. Changing Default Program Download Directory

Changing Default Program Download Directory: About a week ago I was researching how to change my default app download directory, because my SSD was getting low on storage, and I had an almost empty hard drive. To complete this task I went into regedit and followed the instructions on a forum to change the directory to a...
  9. How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...

How can I reset "User folders" ( documents, downloads,... etc) to their default arrange and...: I try to change my user folders from C:\Users to D:\user_folder so they appeared in same folder and got all the same name .. could you help me to reset them as they located when it was a new user without lost my data . thank you...
  10. Make Windows 10 download all updates by default?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make Windows 10 download all updates by default?: Why is there no such option available in Windows 10? I do not want to run down all devices in my device manager and manually check for updates. Nor do I want to download Microsoft's Hidden Updates tool. Please stop making things complicated, creating external tools, etc...