Windows 10: Default Downloads

Discus and support Default Downloads in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cant find it anywhere. Where do I return downloads to its default of downloads. Win 1903 changed my to 'pictures' - I want downloads back. 136614 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by elbmek, Jul 15, 2019.

1. elbmek Win User

Default Downloads

I cant find it anywhere. Where do I return downloads to its default of downloads. Win 1903 changed my to 'pictures' - I want downloads back.

:)

elbmek, Jul 15, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Default Downloads :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 15, 2019
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 15, 2019
  4. Default Downloads

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 15, 2019
Thema:

Default Downloads

1. Default Downloads - Similar Threads - Default Downloads

2. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...: I've already set the save new content to a different drive in the setting, yet the store still downloads / installs to the C drive. I also because if this issue have installed store apps that didn't follow the install path i set that will not move to the other drive. any way...
  3. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...: I've already set the save new content to a different drive in the setting, yet the store still downloads / installs to the C drive. I also because if this issue have installed store apps that didn't follow the install path i set that will not move to the other drive. any way...
  4. How do i change the default / location of apps / downloads from the microfoft stoe on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User: hello again, long story short I accidentally deleted my user files when trying to move it to another one. It was unfortunately unfixable and i can only take it as a lesson for the future. anywho my main problem is that when im trying to redownload some softwares that...
  6. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User: hello again, long story short I accidentally deleted my user files when trying to move it to another one. It was unfortunately unfixable and i can only take it as a lesson for the future. anywho my main problem is that when im trying to redownload some softwares that...
  7. Software Download direct/defaults on Deleted User

8. How can i get the default doc icon downloaded because i need the icon of the doc file in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get the default doc icon downloaded because i need the icon of the doc file in...: Yeah... i really need it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-default-doc-icon-downloaded/f271ba2e-f5b3-4528-af12-46083574dc91
  9. How can i get the default doc icon downloaded because i need the icon of the doc file in...

How can i get the default doc icon downloaded because i need the icon of the doc file in...: Yeah... i really need it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-default-doc-icon-downloaded/f271ba2e-f5b3-4528-af12-46083574dc91
  10. [Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...

[Potential Security Issue] How to prevent the Default mail app from auto/Pre Downloading?...: Hello, Today I experienced a potential threat to my Security. The default mail app not outlook appears to be always active in the background. And for security reasons I would like it to not be so. Because I received an E-mail today saying my amazon Prime account was expired...