Windows 10: Default Folder View?

Discus and support Default Folder View? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Jak, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile If you like, you could also set the view of a folder how you like, and apply it to all folders at once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nigelmercier, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Default Folder View?

Hello Jak, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like, you could also set the view of a folder how you like, and apply it to all folders at once using the method in the tutorial below.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 30, 2016
  2. Jak25 Win User

Thanks for the welcome and the link. Yeah, that's the one I've looked at several times and keep thinking I'm missing something. Your pre-made templates are neat, but none of them (for General, Documents, Music, etc.) seem to address a "List" view that I can tell-- they all seem like variations on a Details view. If there's more to understand, or if I need it explained to me as if I was a child, please don't hesitate.

Meanwhile, this explanation seems to have taken care of at least a few folders so far: Folder View - 'Apply to Folders' in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.
    Part of the problem may be that developers use terms that don't click with me intuitively, since an awful lot of tutorials now seem to rely on users simply knowing the terms and directions they provide. ("Optimize this folder for Documents" doesn't give me a context for what that actually is.)

Jak25, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You would basically set all folder templates to General, set to List view, then "Apply to Folders".

Brink, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Default Folder View?

My File Explorer display of "This PC" keeps reverting to icons. I am a READER and prefer Details. Why did they mess this and is there anything I can do about it?

wildcatherder, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Zardoc Win User
    Well, this issue with libraries has not been fixed with Windows 10 1607 14393.

This is really a pain. I like using libraries but the settings are just not memorized. What a pain *Shock*Sad

Zardoc, Sep 17, 2016
  6. Zardoc Win User
    Can someone mark this as unsolved, or do I have to create a new post for libraries?

Thanks.

Zardoc, Sep 19, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello mate, *Smile

It would be best to create a new thread to continue with your issue.

Just to note, that folders in a library share the same folder view as it was when last closed. This isn't the same as the folders in "This PC".

Brink, Sep 19, 2016
  8. MyTen Win User

Default Folder View?

MyTen, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Default Folder View?

1. Default Folder View? - Similar Threads - Default Folder View

2. Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customised Folder View Reverts Back to Default: When I customize a folder view in it's properties to use a specific template, it will revert back to the General Items template after I have exit and re-entered the folder. This is so annoying because being able to use different templates view types is most convenient. It...
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Word and File Explorer default folder view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word and File Explorer default folder view: I want to change the folder view in Word and File Explorer to show only the columns I want, and in the order I want. For example, I want the order to read: Name, Date Modified, Size, Type. Now, Type always precedes Size, no matter how many times I change it. [Moved by...
  7. How to Backup and restore Default folder views

How to Backup and restore Default folder views: This has been copied from a 2017 article I wrote on another forum. I'll review this thread, including any suggestions for improvement, when I get/make the time and I will probably then suggest it as a TenForumsTutorial. Introduction Once you have set up the default folder...
  8. default View LIST in search folder

default View LIST in search folder: how to default View LIST in search folder ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-view-list-in-search-folder/58d196f6-f2bd-4de9-ac02-b93cf7b63026
  9. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  10. Default Folder Views

Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...