Windows 10: default jpg viewer

Discus and support default jpg viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL. 105204 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dukeofurl, Feb 28, 2018.

1. dukeofurl Win User

default jpg viewer

How do I make Win10 use the standard jpg viewer that was used in Win7? I think it was actually a DLL.

:)

dukeofurl, Feb 28, 2018
  2. John582n Win User

opening photo's .jpg files

Try changing the default photo viewer

Click on Start > Settings

Click Default Apps, look for Photos and click on the app underneath that and choose a different viewer (eg Windows [7] Photo Viewer) which should appear in the drop-down box.

If that doesn't work, in File Explorer, right click on a jpg file > Open with > Choose another app

Select a viewer, tick Always use this app to open JPG files > OK

John582n, Feb 28, 2018
  3. How to fix error message "Class not registered" in Windows 10 when opening pictures/photos

This worked for me.

Go to Start>Settings>System>Default Apps

Scroll down to "Choose default apps by file name".

Change the jpeg and jpg extensions to open with another photo viewer, such as

windows photo viewer.

J_Kelleher, Feb 28, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

default jpg viewer

5. dukeofurl Win User
    I just wish that Photo Viewer was as fast as the Photos App

dukeofurl, Feb 28, 2018
  6. Berton Win User
    Actually my Photos is quite slow opening the first image of the day, after that it is not too bad.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

default jpg viewer

1. default jpg viewer - Similar Threads - default jpg viewer

2. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  3. Windows 10 Home ed., setting Bluebeam 2016 as default jpg viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home ed., setting Bluebeam 2016 as default jpg viewer: How do I...in Windows 10 Home edition set Bluebeam as default jpg Photo viewer including for Outlook 2016 attachments? I tried going through the Win 10 settings section but Bluebeam never comes up as a choice for setting it as default jpg viewer....
  4. Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10's default Photo Viewer app unable to load .JPG file sometimes.: When I try to open a photo.JPG with default app of windows 10 Microsoft Photo Viewer it can't open it. It does not happen all the time but sometimes it shows nothing just a black windows of Photo Viewer. I have to close the app and try a few more times then it shows the same...
  5. Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app

Default Apps -- JPG Viewer App Photocommander not coming up as option to set as default app: I am running Win 10. I want to use Photocommander to view jpgs but when I try to set it as the default it does not come up in the options list. Thanks for your help. Sharon in PA...
  6. Can't select GIMP as .jpg default

Can't select GIMP as .jpg default: Images, simple and easy. all other options on this list I can choose, just not GIMP [ATTACH] and this happens when I try to choose it [ATTACH] also, GIMP is not in the list of apps when I try to associate by app rather than file type...
  7. Default Picture viewer not taking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Picture viewer not taking: Hi I have set the Photos app as the default .JPG viewer but every time I click on a .jpg file I get the message "How do you want to open this file?" "Keep using this app" see attached pic. How do I stop this error, I have tried setting other viewers as default...
  8. Need jpg/jpeg viewer/editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need jpg/jpeg viewer/editor: Hi guys. Need something again. Right now, I had to download about a dozen charts for my wife. Cake pan conversions, ingredient substitutions, volume measurements, etc. These are all in a vertical format. I need a viewer that will let me see the entire chart, with a lot of...
  9. Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer.: Hai, Jpg photo unable to open in windows photo viewer. i reset default apps. i choose default apps by file type. [img] [img] [img] [img] Regards. bala. 12326
  10. How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener

in Windows 10 Support
    How to return pixia as default jpg file viewer/opener: I activated win10 MSpaint and it "captured" all my files as the primary file opener. When I go to default files to change win 10 settings is does not show pixia as a choice. It used to because that's how I set it up two years ago. thanks for all help that comes in very...