Windows 10: Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Discus and support Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eichenbe, Jan 25, 2016.

1. eichenbe Win User

Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
    * Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.
    * Had a Microsoft support dude to look at the issue, but he has no idea either.

A few of my pilot users has also experience the same issue. Any ideas anyone?

:)

eichenbe, Jan 25, 2016

2. Changes to Windows 10 default settings do not stay set

I have changed the applications default settings multiple times and Windows does not honor these settings. Here are a few examples:

• I have set my default printer to my company network printer, and then disabled "When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer." so that it will stay as the company printer. But, No! Windows randomly resets the default to another printer option
      such as my HOME printer.
    • I set our company standard PDF reader/editor to Adobe Acrobat. Again, Windows randomly changes it and opens the PDF in Edge.
    • I set our company standard photo viewer/editor to Snagit and set the file types it should open. Again, Windows randomly defaults it to its own photo app.
    I have followed all of the instructions to right-click, select the app I want to use, and choose "Alway use this app ..." and I have set default apps on the Settings page, but still things get randomly reset to Windows defaults instead of MY defaults. There
    is no rhyme or reason to when it happens that I can find. It's just RANDOM!

How do I get Windows to honor these permanently? And please don't step me through all of your help pages again, I have read them. I have been through numerous online articles, etc. This is extremely frustrating because it seems Windows decides my choices.

LaurelHarris, Jan 25, 2016
  3. mahdizare Win User
    printer probmel

after upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 my printer found fun ! problem !

i test with several printers and problem is same !

widows automatically knows the printer and it`s my default one .

test print can not be print . office and pdf can not be print but with adobe Photoshop can print . this problem is same with all printer was same ether usb or network one

mahdizare, Jan 25, 2016
  4. Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

How mine is set up is
    In settings
    Go to Printer icon
    Make sure your named printer is in default.
    Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...t-printer.html

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
    The next time you go to print
    Your printer should appear

hTconeM9user, Jan 25, 2016
  5. eichenbe Win User
    I have multiple network printers installed also, in which the main printer in my office is the default. If my default printer is not working, I sometimes print upstairs to another network printer. The problem is that I don't want windows to always allows to manage my default printer as I may forget that I have printed it upstairs. I don't understand why windows is making the Adobe PDF as a default printer when I have chosen the network printer as my default when I have the option switched off for windows allowing to manage my default printer. Do you know what I mean?

eichenbe, Jan 25, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Start button > Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners >click at your printer > click Set as Default > click at Microsoft Print to PDF > click Remove device > click Yes to confirm >
    I would suggest that you enable Let Windows manage my default printer option. That way, your default printer will be the last printer used.

davidhk, Jan 25, 2016
  7. MSRadell Win User
    Enabling that Windows manage my default printer is a ridiculous idea for most people. Most of us have a printer we normally use but occasionally use another one for something special. We don't want Windows to automatically change our default printer to that printer. We want our printing to go to the normal printer except when we tell it to go elsewhere. Letting Windows decide what the default printer is causes many problems for most users.

MSRadell, Jan 26, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

If you have ideas or suggestions, reply to the OP directly.
    I don't need your opinion nor am I asking for one.
    This is not a Discussion section.

davidhk, Jan 26, 2016
  9. Tal10 Win User
    I just read your post and I felt the need to create an account just so I could reply that you are a moron.

Tal10, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer - Similar Threads - Default network printer

2. Adobe pdf printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  3. Adobe pdf printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe pdf printer: I just updated to windows 11 a few days ago. Now my Adobe pdf printer is not functioning. I have tried to add the driver for it but I am unable to find the print manager. Any help is appreciated....
  4. default printer keeps changing to pdf printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default printer keeps changing to pdf printer: My default printer is always set to my regular paper printer. Occasionally when I 'print to pdf' windows 10 keeps changing my default printer to the pdf and I have to manually go back to the settings and change it to my preferred printer.The 'let windows manage my default...
  5. Change default printer for PDF

Change default printer for PDF: How do I change the default printer in Foxit Reader from Foxit printer to HP 1050 which is the default printer on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-printer-for-pdf/3db57bfd-644c-423d-87ff-41e318927a17
  6. Default printer

Default printer: Why has my default printer disappeared in Control Panel Device and Printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printer/ed5219fa-0857-40de-81eb-4f66121336d2
  7. printer default

printer default: I have a Lenovo laptop. I'm trying to print and the settings are set to printer default offline. How do I change this to on? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/bb06e599-ac40-40da-9eb3-f7ef18ba8998
  8. set pdf as default printer

set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  9. set pdf as default printer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    set pdf as default printer: Hi i am using windows 10 pro 1903 18358, and nitro Pro pdf i'm unable to set it as default printer i can't find an option in printer settings or anywhere i can configure this thanks 129543
  10. printer default

printer default: undefault the printer It won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/d060e7f7-0537-4b26-9714-83bb57ce3d74