Windows 10: Default short date format change for English (Canada)

Discus and support Default short date format change for English (Canada) in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Beginning with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8, the default short date format for English (Canada) was changed from dd/MM/yyyy to yyyy-MM-dd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 17, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Default short date format change for English (Canada)

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...da/ba-p/582763

:)

Brink, May 17, 2019
  2. PFAms Win User

Short Date Format

I have a device (HTC HD2) with windows mobile 6.5. I would like to set my short date format to dd/MM/yy for my region (English - South Africa). However, when I select English - South Africa, the only available options are (yy/MM/dd and yy-MM-dd),
    and it does not allow me to overtype with my personal preference!!!

Is there a way to allow me to overtype with my preferred format, or is there a way for me to edit the available options that populate the dropdown list, and possibly add my own format so that it will appear in the list for me to select?

P.S. I know that changing the region to say English - United Kingdom, will give me my preferred format as an option, however I don't want to change my region to United Kingdom as I don't want that setting to influence any other app that may require
    this region value to be correct!!

PFAms, May 17, 2019
  3. Is there language pack for English(Canada)?

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow these steps to add English (Canada) language from control panel.

• Type language in the search bar on desktop of Windows 10, then click on
      Add a language tab in the language Window.

• Click on English tab in the
      Add a language
      Window, then double click on English (Canada) to add to
      change your language preferences in the language Window under
      Control panel.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, May 17, 2019
  4. Default short date format change for English (Canada)

Cannot download English (Canada) speech package in Windows 10

A fix was released as part of KB3081424, Cumulative Update for Windows 10: August 5, 2015, for a problem Cortana was experiencing when installing language packs. Please make sure you've installed the latest Windows Updates before trying these steps.

1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu
    2. Click on Time and language and select region and language.
    3. Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.
    4. If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.
    5. Select your preferred language (English Canada) and click on Set as default under English UK language.
    6. Now, click on English Canada and click on Options.
    7. Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.
    8. Now, click on Speech from the Time and language settings menu.
    9. Check if you are able to select the speech settings to English Canada.
    10. After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.

user534395, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Default short date format change for English (Canada)

1. Default short date format change for English (Canada) - Similar Threads - Default short date

2. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  3. Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows displaying English Canada and not English USA: Hi,I noticed when setting a wallpaper today it listed the options as "centre" and "colour". I only have English United States downloaded and only have English US for keyboard. Why would it be displaying like this? My region is set to Canada as I live here - I just prefer...
  4. how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to stop the keyboard to defaulting to English canada: So I want to use either English US or French Canada only.. But the stupid system keeps defaulting to English Canada even though it`s not even in the preferred Languages. It`s getting super frustrating....
  5. English Canada defaults to English UK

English Canada defaults to English UK: I recently installed windows 10 in my machine and one of the first things I did was to change my display language to English Canada. I immediately noticed all the websites I tried to access since then would default me automatically to United Kingdom and English UK. After...
  6. English (Canada)

English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0
  7. Change of short date format

Change of short date format: In the past, I have setup a GPO to configure the short date format (under Control panel -> Region -> Formats) to MM/dd/yyyy It works for Windows 10 build 1603 up to build 1803. Recently, I have some machines upgraded to build 1903, and found that the short date format was...
  8. How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change "Short Date" format to dd.MM.yyyy?: When I go to Control Panel----Time & Language---Formats----Change date and time formats then I do NOT find dd.MM.yyyy as format pattern in drop down for "Short date". I have english GUI language and german Region How can I set this format? In Windows 7 this format exists....
  9. Short Date format options differ

Short Date format options differ: I have a question about why I have different short date data format options on my SP6 vs my SP3 when they are both running ver 1903. SP6 [ATTACH] SP3 [ATTACH]...
  10. short date format after October update

short date format after October update: I experience mismatch in the way pc apps display the short date after the 1809 win10 update Right to left language Any solutions? fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/short-date-format-after-october-update/d3d0aaee-f2a8-4c48-a9a9-0671fc004bd2