Windows 10: default View LIST in search folder

Discus and support default View LIST in search folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how to default View LIST in search folder ???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NguyễnNhựt, Oct 5, 2019.

1. default View LIST in search folder

how to default View LIST in search folder ???

:)

NguyễnNhựt, Oct 5, 2019

2. Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Oct 5, 2019
  3. How to Show Windows Explorer in List View by Default?

First display the folder in list view, then Go to the view menu then options and change folder default view.....tick apply to all folders..

not sure if if that’s exactly the wording, but in future all explorer windows will open in list view....

update

found this from my first search

*Arrow Set Default Folder View for all Folders in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

After you have set your view to "list" do:

1. Click the Tools menu item
    2. Click Folder Options...
    3. Click the View tab
    4. Click the Apply to All Folders button
    5. Click the Apply button (lower right of window)
    6. Click the Ok button
    7. X out of the Folder Options window

reddwarf4ever, Oct 5, 2019
  4. default View LIST in search folder

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

default View LIST in search folder

1. default View LIST in search folder - Similar Threads - default View LIST

2. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  5. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  6. Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to customize taskbar search & Folder Explorer (Default view): I have a large number of research articles on my laptop (via dropbox). One thing I loved about Windows 7 was that I could just hit the Start button, type a keyword into the search box and a results window would pop up that listed every matching document on my computer. I was...
  7. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...
  8. change default view to list for each and every folder

in Windows 10 Support
    change default view to list for each and every folder: How do I change the default view to list for every folder even those on a usb thumb drive. It seems to revert back to detail view *Sad 25570
  9. How to make list view default for all folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to make list view default for all folders?: I've tried the "Apply to folders" button in the options menu, but it does not work, newly opened folders still open with "details" view... :/ Is there another way to make "list" view the default setting for all the folders? thanks for the help 73262
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521