Windows 10: defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back?

Discus and support defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I lost the defender icon on my windows 10 task bar.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MRNICKG, Jan 24, 2019.

1. MRNICKG Win User

defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back?

I lost the defender icon on my windows 10 task bar.

:)

MRNICKG, Jan 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Anti Virus Problems

You should not be using more than one anti-vrus program on your computer. Read the
    IMPORTANT NOTE about not using more than one anti-virus program in this

topic

The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection, it is
    disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came
    preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows Defender will be turned off (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used
    to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled. In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining
    remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be
    activated
    if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message indicating
    your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 24, 2019
  4. defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back?

How does Windows Defender compare, in quality, to other anti-virus?

Not a very sensible choice of wording, IMO... There's no One Size Fits All and we don't do any kind of polls/ratings here in MC.

Suggestion to educate yourself by doing some researches by using your favorite search engine.

You might want to read these articles:

Jsssssssss, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back?

1. defender anti virus icon task bar. How do I get it back? - Similar Threads - defender anti virus

2. How to get my task bar back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my task bar back?: Hello, My task bar sometimes randomly disappears every week or two and it's starting to get annoying.And it's not just it going invisible, It's actually gone.windows explorer works, but I cannot add screenshots as Win + Shift + S doesn't work....
  3. How to get my task bar back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my task bar back?: Hello, My task bar sometimes randomly disappears every week or two and it's starting to get annoying.And it's not just it going invisible, It's actually gone.windows explorer works, but I cannot add screenshots as Win + Shift + S doesn't work....
  4. How to get old wifi icon back in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get old wifi icon back in task bar: Computers A&B below are both Win 11 Home 22H2. Computer A came with 22H2. B was upgraded to 22H2.How can I get the WIFI ICON that is on computer B on computer A. It is nice to see the WIFI signal strength by just looking at the task bar rather than by having to open another...
  5. How to get old wifi icon back in task bar

How to get old wifi icon back in task bar: Computers A&B below are both Win 11 Home 22H2. Computer A came with 22H2. B was upgraded to 22H2.How can I get the WIFI ICON that is on computer B on computer A. It is nice to see the WIFI signal strength by just looking at the task bar rather than by having to open another...
  6. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  7. Defender Anti Virus

Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  8. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. How do I re-enable Windows Defender Anti-virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I re-enable Windows Defender Anti-virus: I received this computer 2nd hand from a family member and it appears to have defender disabled. I downloaded Kaspersky until I can fix the problem but it seems that since I upgraded to Windows 10, my hard drive runs at 100% capacity for about 8 minutes at start up the laptop...
  10. How do you get printer icon on to task Bar?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you get printer icon on to task Bar?: How do you get printer icon on to task Bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-you-get-printer-icon-on-to-task-bar/fe7644a2-5975-490b-9287-22509f18b3e2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the shield for windows defender not in taskbar anymore?

2. windows defender icon missing

3. windows defender icon gone from taskbar windows10

4. antivirus icon on taskbar