Windows 10: Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it.

Discus and support Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just had a Windows Defender pop up saying it found a threat. But when I clicked on it to go in and see, none were listed, whether quarantined or not.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 56Kruiser, Oct 5, 2018.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it.

I just had a Windows Defender pop up saying it found a threat. But when I clicked on it to go in and see, none were listed, whether quarantined or not.

Anyone else ever see this? Thoughts?

:)

56Kruiser, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Try3, Oct 5, 2018
  3. tnhotmail Win User
    windows defender keeps saying it finds "potentially harmful software" but nothing listed.

Running latest windows 10.

Defender keeps notifying "potentially harmful software..." but nothing is listed.

Also - when I run a quick scan, defenders says "app detected a potential threat" but nothing is listed in History or in "all detected items".

I don't care about the threat but I do want defender to stop notifying me. I'd like to "allow" whatever it is defender is finding but nothing is ever listed. I would like to fix the problem but I'd be satisfied if I just completely removed defender from
    my system to stop the notifications.

What are my options?

tnhotmail, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it.

Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it.

1. Defender Bubble says threat found, but none listed when I go into it. - Similar Threads - Defender Bubble says

2. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  3. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats: The attached picture is usually what I'll find every time I restart/shut down and turn on my Windows 10 PC. It will say it found threats, ranging from Low to Severe, and I keep removing them or 'cleaning them' but they come in 3's every time. I've done deep cleans and scans...
  4. Windows Defender keeps saying it found threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microsoft defender shows "Threats detected", when I click on it, it says no current threats

Microsoft defender shows "Threats detected", when I click on it, it says no current threats: Windows security in W10 is bugging out. Can someone help me fix this issue?Microsoft defender gives off a notification that a threat was detected and when I click on it it says no threats found. The threat appears for like a millisecond only....
  6. .microsoft defender quick scan says it has found a new threat

.microsoft defender quick scan says it has found a new threat: i have windows 10 .microsoft defender says it has found a new threat but then asks do i trust it ..its says its published by microsoft windows .is this right?...
  7. Found Threats in Windows Defender

Found Threats in Windows Defender: My windows defender found 4 threats after a full scan and I don't know what to do so I Quick scan it and it said no threats found is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/found-threats-in-windows-defender/b5832adb-1f92-4d2b-90ec-b702e70f2691
  8. My windows defender is saying there are threats, but none are popping up. i already did an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows defender is saying there are threats, but none are popping up. i already did an...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RichardCranium42069 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jowwuh/my_windows_defender_is_saying_there_are_threats/
  9. Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found

Windows defender Full Scan no threats found but says after that threats are found: Hi, I recently ran into an issue with windows defender where when I run a full scan the result is: No current threats found and 0 threats found. Then when I restart my computer and look at the message again I get this: [ATTACH] Instead of 0 threats found it says -664...
  10. Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus

Windows Defender pop-up "Virus & Threats" says Threats found by antivirus: I have scanned and run troubleshooter etc. The report says NO THREATs but a pop-up with notification sound keeps going off. I click and it shows details: items quarantined. I click "remove" … they are removed. Seconds later the whole thing happens again. Same warning,...