Windows 10: Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading?

Discus and support Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a PC and a couple of tablets that are all connected to the same OneDrive account. My original intention was that I edit the pictures on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PerfectBlue, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading?

I have a PC and a couple of tablets that are all connected to the same OneDrive account.

My original intention was that I edit the pictures on the PC and store them locally, but have them automatically uploaded to the cloud so that my tablets could access them online.

Instead all of my tablets have downloaded my OneDrive content and stored it locally, which is a total pain given their limited local storage.

IS there any way to delete all of the local OneDrive content from my tablets, tell it not to download anything unless I specifically tell it to download it, and be certain that I'm only deleting the local content rather than the content stored in the Cloud?

I'm running the latest build of Windows 10 (Updated today) and OneDrive.

:)

PerfectBlue, Oct 21, 2017

2. Windows Media Player and OneDrive

You may not understand how to use OneDrive effectively. You do not need to have a separate local copy on your computer; the local copy (sync'ed w/ OneDrive) should be fine. If you decide to reformat your hard disk, that will not delete the cloud copies.
    When you reinstall Windows & it prompts you to login to OneDrive, doing that will re-download all your OneDrive music.

Or, if you temporarily need the space on your local computer, you can use the OneDrive settings to "unlink" your account. Once that is done, you can delete the local copies. When you want them back, just start up OneDrive again, & it will download all
    your music.

Dean Gibson, Oct 21, 2017
  3. i-Panda Win User
    This PC (formerly My Computer) in Windows Explorer navigation pane shows OneDrive folders - how do I change it to show local folders?

Hi

I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 July RTM upgraded to version 1511 by Windows Update, and, presumably, as it was a clean install, Windows defaulted all of the selectable file locations to OneDrive.

When I select the Documents and Pictures sub-folders of This PC, I want to see the contents of my user profile's Documents and Pictures folders on the local SSD, not the contents of the corresponding OneDrive folder (I don't want to sync my local
    folders with OneDrive).

I am running Windows 10 Home, and have now configured One Drive so that it doesn't sync any folders, deleted any folders and sample files that it had already created, and doesn't run at start up.

All that I now get when I select Documents or Pictures is that the location doesn't exist, but I can't work out how to delete/edit these links to the non-existent OneDrive folders, and recreate them as links to the local folders. Does anybody know how to
    do this? A registry edit required, maybe?

FYI - Prior to the clean reinstall, when it was an upgrade from a Windows 7 installation without OneDrive,
    This PC continued to show all of the local folders that Windows 7 used to show.

Thank you

i-Panda, Oct 21, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading?

Tony K, Oct 21, 2017
Thema:

Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading?

1. Delete ALL local Onedrive content, and prevent re-downloading? - Similar Threads - Delete local Onedrive

2. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  3. How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a deleted file from re-appearing ?: In a puzzlingly erratic way, a downloaded file that I have repeatedly deleted, keeps re-appearing in a folder. What can be going on, and how can it be prevented ?...
  4. How to prevent a folder deletion, while leaving full control permission on all its content...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to prevent a folder deletion, while leaving full control permission on all its content...: Honestly, I'm a little disappointed this is so hard and isn't intuitive to do, because it seems a trivial task. I want to prevent a folder from being inadvertently deleted by myself, but not files and subfolders inside. How can I achieve this?...
  5. Screensaver and onedrive re-downloads local copies of files to fill my hard drive

Screensaver and onedrive re-downloads local copies of files to fill my hard drive: I've moved all 900GB of files to OneDrive, which leaves 190GB free on my 250GB surface book. Wonderful. However, it remains like this only until I start screensaver. Notifications of screensvr.exe saving each displayed file locally start appearing and, after several hours,...
  6. OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items: Hi, This is actually a OneDrive question. I would like to share a folder with multiple excel files with my sister so that she could update it by herself. Thus, I choose the Allow Edit option when creating a link. The explanation on the Tutorial (Share OneDrive Files and...
  7. OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive - Prevent Delete Shared Items: Hi, This is actually a OneDrive question. I would like to share a folder with multiple excel files with my sister so that she could update it by herself. Thus, I choose the Allow Edit option when creating a link. The explanation on the Tutorial (Share OneDrive Files and...
  8. Screensaver and onedrive re-downloads local copies of files to fill my hard drive

Screensaver and onedrive re-downloads local copies of files to fill my hard drive: I've moved all 900GB of files to OneDrive, which leaves 190GB free on my 250GB surface book. Wonderful. However, it remains like this only until I start screensaver. Notifications of screensvr.exe saving each displayed file locally start appearing and, after several hours,...
  9. Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files

Is there an All-in-One document for Deletion of OneDrive and Local files: I am pretty sure it must exist, but can't find it. I am looking for kind of an All-in-One document for the various Deletion scenarios - describing what happens when synced files are deleted on OneDrive and/or Locally, under the various options of "On Demand", "Keep on this...
  10. Can you delete and re-install sticky notes without losing all the content?

Can you delete and re-install sticky notes without losing all the content?: I recevied no help from the Windows 10 support on Sticky Notes (who initially told me that it was an Office product and to contact office) - which it is not. I am having an issue where Sticky Notes just crashes after updates to 1803 (in early October (and the later October...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete windows phone one drive content

2. how to download onedrive content after windows re-install

3. delete all onedrive content

4. delete local one drive content