Windows 10: Deleted wrong registry keys

Discus and support Deleted wrong registry keys in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now. Found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arokdad, Jul 8, 2017.

1. arokdad Win User

Deleted wrong registry keys

Just upgraded to Win10 from 7 and didn't create a restore point before I started to fix a network adapter problem. Regretting it now.
    Found a solution to my problem that included deleting the Config key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network

But instead of deleting Config, I deleted ALL the keys. Would someone mind posting an image of the registry keys I'll need to recreate? Not the filters. I managed to leave them unharmed.
    Thanks much!

:)

arokdad, Jul 8, 2017
  2. Sharief K Win User

deleted registry keys

Hi,

I suggest you to do a system restore and check if it helps.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Jul 8, 2017
  3. deleted registry keys

i think i deleted registry files using malwarebytes and now internet download manager only downloads music videos and movies on youtube in 420p format ....literally 1080p and 720p formats are not displayed i backed my registry using dll file fixed and
    i tried restoring it but to no avail what can i do i have created a system restore point am using asus vivobook i5 4gb 500ram please help i need to my videos in high quality

iceboyflappa, Jul 8, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Time to do a repair install. Everyone's keys are going to be different, because the hardware is not going to be the same as on your machine.

bro67, Jul 8, 2017
  5. TairikuOkami, Jul 8, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    This will not be helpful, it is more an expanding on @bro67's post.

I've made some screenshots of my registry to show how it looks like on my system.

Deleted wrong registry keys [​IMG]

axe0, Jul 8, 2017
  7. Just restore your backup image. Hopefully you kept your backups current.

stealth2920, Jul 8, 2017
  8. arokdad Win User

Thanks everyone. As soon as bro67 replied I went ahead and started a re-install. Let it run overnight. Woke up this morn to a working computer. My luck was much better than the fist install attempt. It didn't work out well and that's what I was worried about this time. I appreciate your responses. And I've created a restore point!

arokdad, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Restore will back up your system files so might have worked in this case but you need to actually backup your drive so you wouldn't have to reinstall software or programs. I personally have restore turned off and have Macrium auto backup my hard drive twice a week. Never worry about anything getting messed up ever again.

stealth2920, Jul 8, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    I would recommend another way for a backup, restore points more often than not fail to work properly.

Thema:

1. Deleted wrong registry keys - Similar Threads - Deleted wrong registry

2. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  3. How to delete a registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete a registry key: I get an error when I try do delete a registry key in regedit.exe saying "Cannot delete {...}. Error while deleting key." I found this article How to add, modify, or delete registry subkeys and values by using a .reg file. It seems to say for me to rename the key by adding...
  4. Deleted registry key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleted registry key: I want to use my computer with WoL. But cann't doing. I search on the net, that have a registry key HKLM/System/Terminal Server/TSConnection what is make it. In my system this key isn't.Where I have to import it from?...
  5. deleted registry key

deleted registry key: i mistakenly deleted my windows update registry key, so i want to know how to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-registry-key/2ac7e4bf-f806-4817-a978-89debefb6838
  6. Registry Key Deletion

Registry Key Deletion: I have a webcam that I can use on two other computers other than my main desktop. I know the problem are the Registry entires but when I try to delete Registry keys related to USB Webcams VID located in the following registry:...
  7. Safe to delete this registry key?

Safe to delete this registry key?: Hello, I'm trying to convert my user account to a local account. Can I safely delete this registry key? HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities\*** Email address is removed for privacy *** (where "email" is my email username)...
  8. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor: Hello, I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor instead of deleting files in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers i've deleted in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Luckily for me i...
  9. I deleted registry key.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I deleted registry key.: i deleted registry key at Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RmSvc\Security because Acer Quick Access had problems with it when instaling (it was weird, is it stopped at installing cause it could not either stop/create/delete Radio Management...
  10. Fonts installing into wrong registry key

Fonts installing into wrong registry key: Hello. When I download and install fonts to my pc, they show up in the fonts folder, but not in the hkey_localmachine registry like the standard ones do, so they don't work and they can't be deleted. I found that the fonts are going to the hkey_user registry. How do I fix...