Windows 10: Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History

Discus and support Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've disabled automatic updates (drivers, Win updates) by making changes to Win 10. Now every entry in Update History is listed as a failed update. Of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChriskK, Feb 11, 2016.

1. ChriskK Win User

Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History

I've disabled automatic updates (drivers, Win updates) by making changes to Win 10. Now every entry in Update History is listed as a failed update. Of course, no update has failed; I don't want to install them yet. Is there a way to delete failed update entries?

:)

ChriskK, Feb 11, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Feb 11, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History :)

musum, Feb 11, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

Hi ChriskK,
    Are you first able to say how you did this?

5. ChriskK Win User
    ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016
  6. b1rd Win User
    Thanks. The link seems to have some decent info.

As far as your question, I did find THIS article, which offers a couple of possibilities.

Edit: I just saw that the article is a bit dated, but I thought I'd leave it up just in case it helps.

7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 12, 2016
  8. ChriskK Win User

So am I correct to assume that it's not possible to delete failed update entries individually?

ChriskK, Feb 12, 2016
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not that I'm aware of.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Deleting "Failed Updates" in Update History - Similar Threads - Deleting Failed Updates

2. Update history

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update history: I just got update KB4571744 preview installed on my computer. It does not show in my update history. The update could be found in my System restore only. Why is windows so secretive?...
  3. Update history

Update history: Hi, After the last feature update update history is empty. Is there a way to restore update history? Thanks Jay https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history/f94d0fe5-6e44-4f4b-9c72-f1ca46a97869
  4. Update history

Update history: Update history does not appear when requested, why??? Shows only a blank page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-history/e5aeb5ea-bf15-4443-a138-08063f446ae5
  5. Update history some failed some successful

Update history some failed some successful: Showing below is my current update history. Some failed. My question is that if subsequent updates with different "KB" numbers that are successful make up, so to speak for those that failed earlier?...
  6. updates history

in Windows 10 Customization
    updates history: I have 2 questions, highlighted by ***. let me walk you through how I got there: my settings > updates & security > windows update shows I have windows 10, version 1903 (3) but that there are updates available. under that there's a message: status: getting things ready -...
  7. windows update deleting all of history

windows update deleting all of history: Windows update that ran automatically this morning deleted ALL of my update history. Contacted Help and the person I was working with was trying to help me find the lost data. Has anyone else had this problem? What are the ramifications? It was there at 9:52 a.m. (I...
  8. No update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    No update history: I no longer get anything shown as Update History. As far as I know updating itself is working fine, automatic and manual checks either show there are no updates available or if there are they are downloaded OK --- there is just no history. 106722
  9. Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting "Failed" entries in Windows Update history: For whatever reason, I have a bunch of "failed" updates listed under the WU history. They were all cumulative updates for various months. I've done a malware scan, system file check and DISM, all of which were clean. All cumulative updates have successfully installed the...
  10. File History update failes

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History update failes: Backing up File History (to an external drive) takes its time and then fails just before it is about to complete ....every time. 101148

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleting a failed win 10 update entry