Windows 10: Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive?

Discus and support Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased the Dell g5 15 gaming laptop from currys. I downloaded Adobe Premier and World if warcraft. Now my C drive is full. I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kevindrake17, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive?

I recently purchased the Dell g5 15 gaming laptop from currys. I downloaded Adobe Premier and World if warcraft. Now my C drive is full. I wanted to download after edfects and it says my driver is full. So i went to settings to change ir so all things i download go directly to D drive. But adobe after effects and other programs seem to just go directly to c drive which is already full. Any help would be appreciated and im not really a guru in regards thus stuff. All i know is that main programs go directly to hard drive c and completly ignore hrd drive D. How to i bring programs from c to d please. Thank you

:)

Kevindrake17, Feb 17, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 17, 2019
  3. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Johannes Win User

Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive?

Curious about the difference beteen G5 mbps and the 2.4 mbps network

On one PC I get on the G5, 75 mbps download and 8.6 mbps on the upload and ping 114 ms (speed test)
    On the other PC with 2.4 mbps I get on average 16.8 download and 4.6 upload and ping 21 ms (speed test)
    Yet the speed between the 2 PC's does not seem to be that much different when browsing.
    Furthermore, I tried to get the second PC also on the G5 but for some reason the G5 does not come up on the network list.
    I was told that being on the G5 you get less interference using Wi-Fi.
    Both PC's have the windows 10 OS.
    I did reset the modem and I reset the network, but it did not make the G5 come up on the network list of the second PC, whereas before I changed mine to the G5 from the 2.4 you could see that both were visible on the both PC's network list.

Johannes, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive?

1. Dell g5 15 how to set downloads to D Drive? - Similar Threads - Dell set downloads

2. BSOD 133s on Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD 133s on Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming Laptop.: My Dell G5 15 5590 periodically crashes, usually every 10 or so days.Doing a bug check analysis with Windbg with on the Mar 9th one gave me this:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pjj556rsdp7oz79rd5vdu/Bsod.txt?rlkey=kcplka36i4j4ck6tz079cid1v&dl=0If anyone can make sense of this...
  3. BSOD 133s on Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD 133s on Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming Laptop.: My Dell G5 15 5590 periodically crashes, usually every 10 or so days.Doing a bug check analysis with Windbg with on the Mar 9th one gave me this:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/pjj556rsdp7oz79rd5vdu/Bsod.txt?rlkey=kcplka36i4j4ck6tz079cid1v&dl=0If anyone can make sense of this...
  4. BSOD 133s on Dell G5 15 5590 Gaming Laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black SOD - Windows 11 - Dell g5 15

Black SOD - Windows 11 - Dell g5 15: Hello everyone, After much research I can't find a solution...I have a Dell G5 15 last generation.I had a BSOD Driver overran stack buffer, which now turns out to be a Black Screen. A black screen and nothing else. The screen is on, the battery is working, the keyboard, fans,...
  6. Black SOD - Windows 11 - Dell g5 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black SOD - Windows 11 - Dell g5 15: Hello everyone, After much research I can't find a solution...I have a Dell G5 15 last generation.I had a BSOD Driver overran stack buffer, which now turns out to be a Black Screen. A black screen and nothing else. The screen is on, the battery is working, the keyboard, fans,...
  7. Intel Dynamic Tuning overheat SEN1_HOT - DELL G5 15 5590

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Dynamic Tuning overheat SEN1_HOT - DELL G5 15 5590: I have recently encountered a problem I never encountered before. Essentially, my computer started to overheat and shutdown under load due to Intel Dynamic Tuning: SEN1_HOT = 368 K event. I am confident that it is neither CPU Official Intel Extreme Tuning Utility showed me...
  8. Intel Dynamic Tuning overheat SEN1_HOT - DELL G5 15 5590

Intel Dynamic Tuning overheat SEN1_HOT - DELL G5 15 5590: I have recently encountered a problem I never encountered before. Essentially, my computer started to overheat and shutdown under load due to Intel Dynamic Tuning: SEN1_HOT = 368 K event. I am confident that it is neither CPU Official Intel Extreme Tuning Utility showed me...
  9. My Dell G5 15 5590 continuously in standing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Dell G5 15 5590 continuously in standing: My Dell has an issue:1. When I plug in the charge, it stands, I mean it stops running and I can do nothing2. Only 1 solution is holding the power button to turn my laptop off3. Then, I turn it on but can’t. Until I plug out the charge, it will be on4. When it starts...
  10. Set apps to download to D Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set apps to download to D Drive.: Hello, I am trying to change my default download location for apps to the D Drive on my Windows 10 computer. Everything else has been able to set the new drive as an acceptable location, but the when i hit apply for the apps, it just tells me "We couldn't set your default...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. inspiron g5 15 make harddrive main drive

2. dell g5 15 d hard drive diappeared

3. install dvd disk dell g5 15