Windows 10: Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

Discus and support Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tim, thanks! I've been upgrading some of my work's ProBook 6570s and just ran into this. FYI, if any of you HP/ProBook users have an issue with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HotWingsFTW, Nov 30, 2015.

1. tanwedar Win User

Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

Tim, thanks! I've been upgrading some of my work's ProBook 6570s and just ran into this.
    FYI, if any of you HP/ProBook users have an issue with the mouse acting like you click multiple times when you click once you should get rid of SimplePass or probably disabling a feature would fix it too.

tanwedar, May 16, 2016
  2. kmich718 Win User

Help! I've seen everyone else have success but my problem is a bit different. I have the same refresh problems, but every time I try to open the Control Panel to uninstall ANYTHING...it refreshes. And it refreshes faster and almost immediately... whereas if I leave it alone and don't try to access Control Panel, the refresh happens at longer interval.....In other words, I can't access Control Panel to uninstall. Please let me know if there is a dos prompt command that I can use to try and do a run-around this issue?

kmich718, Jun 5, 2016
  3. Here are a few things that might help
    All might cause the same issue though since they essentially go though CPL

Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar
    Select Programs and Features at the top on the menu

Create an All Tasks shortcut to CPL cmdlets
    Control Panel All Tasks Shortcut - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

See if cCleaner (free) can get around the issue
    Watch the install and remove the check from extra software boxes - you only want cCleaner, not any toolbars, broswers, or add-ons that might be offered.

Tools menu > uninstall

But, it sounds as though your system needs some repair.
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums
    5. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth Command

SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Slartybart, Jun 5, 2016
  4. kmich718 Win User

Thank you so much for the CC Cleaner advice.. worked like a charm and I'm back. Thank you again for such great direction/advice. All the best, Kimberly

kmich718, Jun 6, 2016
  5. Sensei Win User
    Thanks Sir,
    you have helped me like the other thousands solve my issue.
    Specially this post since i wasn't able to access the control panel..
    MY Laptop: Dell Inspiron N5110 with Intel Core i7-2860QM, 16GB DDR3

Sensei, Jul 2, 2016
  6. I'm glad I was able to help and I'm glad Piriform added that feature to cCleaner *Wink

Slartybart, Jul 3, 2016
  7. Tim, it worked !!!! How in the he-- did you figure this out? I spent two full days struggling to fix this. Many thanks!

Gil

GFRANKLIN1, Jul 5, 2016
  8. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

You may not believe this, but right click on Control Panel [if it is on the taskbar}, then quickly go to Programs to uninstall the necessary programs. The refresh will be delayed just long enough.

GFRANKLIN1, Jul 5, 2016
  9. chiping28 Win User
    Hi,

I am new to Windows 10.

I don't see IDT Audio, but there is Conexant HD Audio. Is it safe to uninstall it to stop refreshing?

Thank You.

chiping28, Jul 8, 2016
  10. Russ33 Win User
    Hi Everyone,
    Just registered to be able to thank Tim for the IDT Audio tip. Tim how did you figure out that this was a possible issue? Would really like to know. It worked as well for me. Can't thank you enough. Actually rolled back an earlier WIN 10 install due to the refresh problem. Reinstalled WIN10 tonight after updating the graphics driver and still had the refresh issue, but not anymore thanks to you.

Regards,

Russ

Russ33, Jul 19, 2016
  11. Russ33 Win User
    Chiping28,
    I did not see IDT Audio in Device Mgr, but it did appear in the Control Panel under Programs and Features. Simultaneously hitting the Windows button and the x will open a pop up on the lower left screen . Programs and Features is at the top of the list.
    Hope this helps.

Russ33, Jul 19, 2016
  12. Russ33 Win User
    GFranklin1,
    I had the same quick refresh issue while trying to access the Control Panel. Press the Windows and x keys simultaneously then select Programs and Features at the top of the pop up that appears in the lower left screen. This worked for me.

Russ33, Jul 19, 2016
  13. Russ33 Win User

Correction,
    Pressing the Windows key 1st then the x key opens the pop up in the lower left screen. Thought I was pressing them simultaneously.

Russ33, Jul 19, 2016
  14. larsenwp Win User
    TIM. Thank you so much for the tip. I had the exact same problem with my Dell N5110. I was regretting my upgrade to Windows 10 until I found this. It fixed the problem.Thanks again.
    Wally

larsenwp, Jul 20, 2016
  15. markofr Win User
    Hi.
    had a same problem with fresh upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows desktop and explorer keeps constantly refreshing every 40-60 seconds.
    Solved.
    My problem was in High Definition audio drivers. Error was cousing file RTSndMgr.cpl.
    Unninstal drivers and restart windows 10. Win 10 then innstals auto drivers for your sound and thats it. Event wiever did not report any errors.

markofr, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing - Similar Threads - Desktop Toolbar constantly

2. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  3. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing: This has been happening for a few days, I’ve tried solutions to no avail. I’m pretty sure windows problem reporting is the cause of it though, since when I end it in task manager the refreshing stops, but at that point I still can’t do anything because the taskbar and desktop...
  4. Desktop and taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Crashing/Refreshing Constantly?: Hey! Hopefully this isn't against the rules but I can't exactly find the problem I have online. I tend to save a lot of things to my desktop while I'm working on them, which is bad practice so maybe I just need to stop doing it, but basically every time something in my...
  6. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  7. Desktop constantly refreshing

Desktop constantly refreshing: My Windows 10 computer refreshes every 15 or so seconds. When I try to open my Control Panel or File Explorer, they close during every refresh, so every solution involving the two are completely impossible. My computer has been doing this for a few days and I've done...
  8. Constant refreshing-desktop problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant refreshing-desktop problem.: Hello, i have a problem with my keyboard/windows i don't really know te cause. Whenever i push "h" or "g" button my screen constantly refreshes itself but when i press "j" it stops, it's the same with "up arrow key" and "down arrow key" one starts refreshing the other stops...
  9. Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.

Desktop refreshes constantly and other issues.: Hello. After months of normal use, I booted yesterday my pc and when I logged into my profile, the desktop started flashing constantly, like it's refreshing every 2 seconds. My cursor is a constant spinning wheel, and I can't click anything. I also noticed that the disk usage...
  10. Desktop constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop constantly refreshing: Hi I have win 10 and my laptop is Lenovo ideapad Y700 and it's 2 months since I've bought it. 2 weeks ago after a windows update my desktop kept refreshing every 2 seconds. A system restore have fixed the problem several times, but today the system restore fails and the...