Windows 10: Desktop disappeared

Discus and support Desktop disappeared in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for some time now. I just lost everything on my desktop. I had numerous folders,pictures, pdfs and some music. I can still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bob Gee, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Bob Gee Win User

Desktop disappeared

I have been using Windows 10 for some time now. I just lost everything on my desktop. I had numerous folders,pictures, pdfs and some music. I can still get to it by going to file manager etc. But the folders and icons do not appear on the desktop. Only those boxes with calendar email, etc,

I probably clicked something to turn it off, but I can find anywhere to turn them back on. HELP Please.*Confused

:)

Bob Gee, Mar 7, 2016

2. Every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears

Original Title: Disappearing desktop

Since upgrading to Windows 10, every time I log in to my PC or tablet, my desktop background picture disappears. How can I fix it?

Aussie Sue, Mar 7, 2016
  3. IB_990 Win User
    Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing after every re-boot.

Hello

I hope that someone can point me in the correct direction. My issue started couple of weeks ago, when after every reboot my desktop icons will disappear. I then right click on desktop / view / click on show desktop icons - after which the icons will display
    again. Sadly however, desktop icons will disappear again on my next reboot.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

IB

Original title: Desktop Icons keep on Disappearing - Windows 10

IB_990, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Desktop disappeared

Hello Bob Gee Welcome to the Ten Forums!

One method to see all those folders refreshed as far as showing up on the desktop would be moving them into a different temp folder perhaps on a different location on the C drive and restart the system so no traces are found once Windows loads the desktop again. Once everything is fully loaded up you then move them back into the users\user account\Desktop folder to have them appear fresh.

Occasionally Windows will tend to forget things. Device drivers go inactive and suddenly you lose sound or something else doesn't work until they are refreshed. Likewise this would be a first thought on how to see them restored desktop wise. That should see an instant result.

Night Hawk, Mar 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Mar 7, 2016
  6. Bob Gee Win User
    Thank You it Worked
    Bob G

Bob Gee, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Bob Gee Win User
    Thank you, but it was in tablet mode. It is resolved. Thank you for resaponding

Bob Gee, Mar 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Desktop disappeared

You are welcome.
    Please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  9. The important thing is you found out where the problem was. I haven't been using the Tablet mode at all since I never use tablets, touch phones, netbooks while staying mainly with desktops and laptops often servicing them! At least now you know what to look for! *Smile

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Desktop disappeared

1. Desktop disappeared - Similar Threads - Desktop disappeared

2. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  3. Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icons disappear after switching desktop: I've updated my work laptop to windows 11 recently and i see a very annoying glitch of app icons on taskbar disappearing from time to time see screenshot.The issue is reproduced when switching between desktops Ctrl + Win + Right/Left arrow or trackpad swipe with 4 fingers....
  4. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  5. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...: Recycle Bin disappeared on my desktop. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. The other icons are present, i.e. Network, This PC.I accidentally dragged the icon off my right monitor to the left, but it does not appear on my left monitor. I...
  6. Recycle Bin disappeared. I have it enabled in the personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  8. Folder Disappeared on Desktop

Folder Disappeared on Desktop: Hello,I was putting some files into a folder on my desktop. Then, when I wanted to open that folder on desktop, it disappeared. I've tried to add a new file to another folder that I have created using an app and I got an error message, which I can't remember what that was at...
  9. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe
  10. The application icon on the desktop disappears.

The application icon on the desktop disappears.: ,, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-icon-on-the-desktop-disappears/a3c0c3ce-96a5-4d6b-91f2-01daa84dc1fe