Windows 10: Desktop does not appear in Explorer

Discus and support Desktop does not appear in Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; W10-64 Home. 1909 I found the same problem in an older thread which is solved, but either I am doing ot wrong or it is not working for me.Following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WacoJohn, Dec 11, 2019.

1. WacoJohn Win User

Desktop does not appear in Explorer

W10-64 Home. 1909

I found the same problem in an older thread which is solved, but either I am doing ot wrong or it is not working for me.Following those instructions, I now have:

Desktop does not appear in Explorer [​IMG]

Notice, no Desktop. In the folder Downloads are the desktop files. They are also in New folder. This is the result of following those instructions in the older thread. That thread/tutorial is located at:

Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Recap:
    No Desktop in Explorer
    Desktop files seen in Downloads and New Folder

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

:)

WacoJohn, Dec 11, 2019

2. Internet Explorer Pop-Up invisible in Desktop

Thank you for the update, David. For further troubleshooting, we would like to know if Internet Explorer appears in Task Manager even without starting Internet Explorer or it appears and remains in Task Manager after opening and closing Internet Explorer?

If after opening Internet Explorer and it appears and remains in the Task Manager, we suggest opening Internet Explorer without add-ons and see if the issue persists. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button (lower-left corner) in Windows, and click
      Run.
    Alternatively, you can press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard.

• In the Run box, type iexplore.exe -extoff
      and press Enter.

If doing the steps above eliminates the issue, then we suggest following this
    article
    for you to be able to manage/disable add-ons that's causing the issue in Internet Explorer 11. Managing
    other versions are also available at the bottom of the article.

We will be waiting for your update.

Loreto Osa, Dec 11, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Desktop does not appear in Explorer

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Doesn't work red circle appears will not allow it

ChrisBruse, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

Desktop does not appear in Explorer

1. Desktop does not appear in Explorer - Similar Threads - Desktop does appear

2. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  3. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  4. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  5. Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop Appearing as C: in File Explorer: In File Explorer the desktop shortcut redirects to my C: drive, as well as the name "Desktop" being changed to "C:" Any help would be appreciated! In case it helps I'm running Windows 10 1909...
  6. My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...

My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the...: Hi, My external drive does not appear on the desktop, does not appear in searches but is in the device manager. How do i make it appear on my desktop. Note: "I hate windows 10" has 120 user names and "windows 10 is ****" has 461 usernames in this community. I am trying it...
  7. Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer: Windows 10 - unable to see Seagate hard drive. SSD drive appears and Windows is loaded on it. Drive appears in BIOS setting. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-does-not-appear-in-explorer/9d6f53c4-d841-454e-a5de-034823cddf0a
  8. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer: When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network. This has been going on for a...
  9. Desktop does not appear as it should

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop does not appear as it should: Why does my Desktop appear differently 50% of the time when I open my Lenovo Yoga Laptop each day? What happens is that all my icons are there, but all around the desktop instead of where I want them. I try and move them to where they are supposed to be, but they do not go...
  10. wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer: I am trying to convert a .wmv file to .mp4, however the .wmv file does not appear any time I browse for it. I know exactly where it is on my hard drive from a search I performed and it will open and play in the Windows 10 Movie and TV app. However it does not appear anywhere...