Windows 10: desktop icons alignment

Discus and support desktop icons alignment in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned. A few days i noticed they are misaligned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fjabrantes, Sep 26, 2015.

1. desktop icons alignment

I have the icons aligned in a certain way , always had them well and when I restart they are always aligned.
    A few days i noticed they are misaligned and there are a option that says: there is a line up icons with the grid , I deactivate and when I restart again and goes back again that option selected.
    icons automatic is not selected.
    i dont know can any body tell me

bye

:)

fjabrantes, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Kyah Pembaryah, Sep 26, 2015
  3. desktop grid lines

Hi,

If you accidentally align to grid your desktop icons, then you can quickly undo this to restore your previous desktop icons. You just have to right click or press and hold on your desktop (Shift+F10), click/tap on View, and click/tap on Align icons to grid
    to check (on - default) or uncheck (off) it.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Sep 26, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

desktop icons alignment

JohnC, Sep 26, 2015
  5. there is fix going to registry but even doest let me alter the permissions or even if i run the 2 reg files it gives error

and i have eset smart security

fjabrantes, Sep 26, 2015
  6. XweAponX Win User
    You might wanna get rid of that and use the straight Antivirus. It'll use the same Eset login as Smart Security. See, Smart Security adds it's own firewall, and that might be interfering. But even without the Firewall to consider, If the settings are propagated via your MS Account to other machines, what could be happening is that another machine which uses your MS account login could be resetting your preferences for your desktop icons. I had three Windows 8 machines at one time, each overwriting each others settings until I finally figured out how to prevent it.

XweAponX, Sep 27, 2015
  7. no, i dont use Microsoft acounts, i like only local acounts

fjabrantes, Sep 27, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

desktop icons alignment

Hi, can you confirm you have both symptoms- desktop icons rearranging unexpectedly + folder view settings in explorer not staying as set, or ONLY your desktop icons rearranging unexpectedly.

As for permissions, you do need to follow the instructions carefully- the thread is long as it has evolved, so make sure you use the most helpful presentation of the fix. Probably best to report any difficulty there so interested people who've done this could help you. Noted some others there report permissions problems too.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

desktop icons alignment

1. desktop icons alignment - Similar Threads - desktop icons alignment

2. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  3. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  4. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  5. Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop is misaligned because icons not aligning to grid.: All the icons on my Windows 10 desktop are spaced too far apart. As a result some icons are not even visible. When I right click on the desktop>view>align icons to grid. Nothing happens. It's the same with 'auto arrange icons'. Neither command seems to work. If I select small...
  6. Desktop Icon Alignment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Alignment: I was just wondering why desktop icons aren't aligned to the centered to the middle of the screen, or at least why there isn't an option for that. I haven't found really anything on centering desktop icons, so I thought I should come to the source.Thanks for any feedback!...
  7. Desktop icons not aligning properly

Desktop icons not aligning properly: Hello, is it possible to adjust desktop icon width? I know you're able to change the height by holding CTRL and scrolling, but I'm trying to reduce the width. It may be easier to explain with an image, so here: [ATTACH] Ever since getting a second monitor, for some reason,...
  8. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  9. Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons - Can't align to grid/Auto-arrange: My desktop icons are aligning on the left of my desktop. When I try to move them, they snap back to where they were. So, I tried right-clicking the desktop thinking I would uncheck "Align icons to grid". That option was not checked, and neither was "Auto arrange icons". I...
  10. Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Align Desktop Icons to Grid in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an...