Windows 10: Desktop icons are gone only text shows

Discus and support Desktop icons are gone only text shows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PhilipMullen, May 13, 2019.

1. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work.

:)

PhilipMullen, May 13, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 13, 2019
  3. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, May 13, 2019
  4. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons are gone only text shows

1. Desktop icons are gone only text shows - Similar Threads - Desktop icons are

2. text in File Explorer in Win 10 is gone only icons appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    text in File Explorer in Win 10 is gone only icons appear: Like what appears to happen to god knows how many users also happens to me, but with a specific cause - I have a crappy internet connection, and sometimes not always when I lose it for a minute or more most, but not all, Win10 text disappears - I have been tearing my hair out...
  3. text in File Explorer in Win 10 is gone only icons appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text in File Explorer in Win 10 is gone only icons appear: Like what appears to happen to god knows how many users also happens to me, but with a specific cause - I have a crappy internet connection, and sometimes not always when I lose it for a minute or more most, but not all, Win10 text disappears - I have been tearing my hair out...
  4. text in File Explorer in Win 10 is gone only icons appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  6. shadow of text on desktop is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shadow of text on desktop is gone: i dont know if its because of an update or because of something else, but the shadow thats on text on the desktop is gone. it also makes it hard to read some names because of the wallpaper i use. how can i fix this?...
  7. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  8. Desktop icons gone only tiles appear

Desktop icons gone only tiles appear: For the last couple of weeks my computer starts with the tiles only and I no longer have my program icons on desktop. When I shutdown computer and turn on again the next day, the desktop icons flash and instantly disappear and go to tiles. Is there any way to fix this or...
  9. Desktop icons missing, Only text showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons missing, Only text showing: I have Three user accounts in my PC and this issue affects two of them My Desktop icons have disappeared and i can only see the Names of each shortcut which i am able to click to open as usual. In Windows Explorer My Navigation Pane is empty and my Libraries icons are...
  10. Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Icons/Folder Thumbnails Only Text Showing: I've had a strange issue on two computers after the last two upgrades. After computers have rebooted all the icons, folder thumbnails are gone. Only thing left is the text or name. Clicking on the text opens the shortcut or folder as always. Had to put a backup back on to...