Windows 10: Desktop Icons doesn't showing

Discus and support Desktop Icons doesn't showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi dear All Experts, I have many computers in my computer lab, for which i have bought original windows 10 pro edition about 1 year ago All PCs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maamiradina, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Desktop Icons doesn't showing

Hi dear All Experts,
    I have many computers in my computer lab,
    for which i have bought original windows 10 pro edition about 1 year ago
    All PCs are working properly except one pc which causes following errors
    When I log into windows
    PC hangs on and mouse cursor is moving very slow , and nothing appears on Desktop and Right Click also not working, and desktop only shows a popup in upper left corner which titles is only [Program Manager] and does not show any thing else.
    Model of this CPU is DELL OPTIPLEX 3046.
    and CPU is mini cpu which has no CD ROM to install windows from CD and also I bought many windows 10 which photos are attached,
    so please find a good solution for this
    Thank you
    Desktop Icons doesn't showing [​IMG]

Desktop Icons doesn't showing [​IMG]

:)

maamiradina, Sep 7, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 7, 2018
  3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Desktop Icons doesn't showing

Desktop Icons

Hello,

Some configuration on your desktop settings must have been changed. To address your concern, follow the steps below:

• Right-click anywhere on your desktop > Click View.
    • Make sure there's a check mark beside Show desktop icons.
    • Check if the desktop icons are now appearing.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Regile Reb, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons doesn't showing

1. Desktop Icons doesn't showing - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons doesn't

2. Desktop icons and windows not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons and windows not showing: Just got this new pc and set up pretty much everything. Turned it on today but every desktop icons are gone and the taskbar is also not working. Opened some program, it can be seen that it is actually opened on the taskbar but it doesn't show the window on the desktop. Tried...
  3. Desktop Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  4. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  5. Desktop showing XL icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop showing XL icons: When turn on PC today ,desktop icons were XL.right click and check mark small icons,nothing change.Restart PC and red screen with wavy lines come on and load large icons . Open System restore and choose Nov.17 point of restoring. Now it’s over 3 hours and still is restoring...
  6. My desktop doesn't show the battery icon

My desktop doesn't show the battery icon: My desktop doesn't show the battery icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-doesnt-show-the-battery-icon/fd1458ae-b77a-4133-8769-e7bdfbcf5d79
  7. Desktop Icon doesn't show as large

Desktop Icon doesn't show as large: I have a 64 and 96 px sized icon file (.ico) that refuses to show as a large icon on the desktop - they show up as medium icons in Large icon view. Any ideas why this is happening? 94577
  8. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  9. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...
  10. Icons not showing up on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons not showing up on desktop: Hello all, I've run into a problem on my laptop where icons are not showing up on the desktop. If I go to Personalization and add icons for My Computer, Recycle Bin, or whatever, they don't show up. Copy-pasting a file to the desktop, it doesn't show up. However, I can see...