Windows 10: Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

Discus and support Desktop Icons keep changing to Black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

Each and every time I boot up 2 of my computers, the desktop icon font color is black. I have to manually change them to white. I have tried looking on Google, tried resolving the problem myself to no avail. So, how can I fix this?

Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop and Acer Aspire 5749 Laptop.

:)

Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2016
  2. Philo53 Win User

Desktop shortcut icons keep changing from arrow to nothing or other image on WIndows 10

Did that originally - not doing it again.

Philo53, Jan 24, 2016
  3. Philo53 Win User
    Desktop shortcut icons keep changing from arrow to nothing or other image on WIndows 10

I have the latest BIOS installed. I have the latest video card driver installed. Problem still persists.

Philo53, Jan 24, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

Desktop Icons keep changing to Black

caperjack, Jan 25, 2016
  5. Below is the picture. I have outlined the icons in a black box.

Desktop Icons keep changing to Black [​IMG]

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    cant find any info on this myself ,, but I do think the black suits your background color ,could it be from some them you have running ,, what app is the search type box you have on the screen related to, I will keep looking for a cause ,and maybe others will chime in now too

caperjack, Jan 25, 2016
  7. Edwin New Member
    The font color will change from white to black, and vise versa, automatically, depending on the brightness of the desktop background.

Edwin, Jan 25, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

In older Windows Oses, I found out that the text color was affected by the overall background color.
    Dark background ............... white text.
    Light background .............. black text.

I know it does not seem applicable to this situation.
    However, it does apply if the background is solid color instead of picture.

davidhk, Jan 25, 2016
  9. Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
  10. Sumit Dhiman suggested that tutorial to me. It helped and I thank him for it. I don't know if it affected the font color or what did. But it seemed to have happened after I followed that tutorial.

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
  11. Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
  12. caperjack Win User
    well I would say that's what happen if you followed info in that link , so for me I don't see the color of the text being an issue ,so I think if you want it back to the way it was before you tried to speed up windows with registry edits ,they you will need to do a system restore back to before you made the changes .
    System Restore Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Desktop Icons keep changing to Black - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons keep

2. desktop icons keep changing place after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons keep changing place after startup: desktop icons keep changing place after startup in Win10, I upgraded it to Win11 also same issueI tried many methods but still https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing-place-after-startup/8a414306-7037-43bb-8f1f-68ef784350d0
  3. Desktop icons are black squares

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons are black squares: For a couple weeks now, I have been stuck with these annoying icon thumbnails, and I have run out of ideas to fix the problem. Essentially, when I turn on my computer, all icons on my desktop and only my desktop that are not native to windows appear as these black squares. In...
  4. Black desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Black desktop Icons: Been fighting this problem for a while now and tried everything I could find. Today I came here and found a file to restore the shortcut icon arrow and now all is fine, so far. My question is who at MS thought that a shortcut arrow was a good idea? Also, has anybody tried to...
  5. Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions

Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions: Hey, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 20H2. After this, all my desktop icons keep changing position whenever I refresh or restart my laptop. What's the permanent solution to this. I have tried options offered on other Windows' discussion fora without any positive...
  6. How can I change desktop icons to black.

How can I change desktop icons to black.: help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-desktop-icons-to-black/e20db909-adef-4dda-916c-799ca3bf4fe3
  7. Desktop Icons Keep Changing

Desktop Icons Keep Changing: [ATTACH] I don't know how else to describe this ........ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-keep-changing/8636dead-2bab-479e-a7b3-5a4dfff16584
  8. Desktop Icons Blacked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Blacked out: Hi All, I'm not sure what caused my icons to change see attached screenshot. All was well up until a few minutes ago then poof this happened. Running win 10 build 1809, Haven't installed anything in last few days, so not sure what may have caused this. Tried a refresh of the...
  9. Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Shortcut Icons Are Black: All of my desktop shortcut icons have turned black. I first deleted my Explorer thumbnail cache and then my icon cache. I did not get the icons back to normal until after I deleted the icon cache. But after I shut down and restarted the black icons were back. I went...
  10. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173