Windows 10: Desktop icons not showing names

Discus and support Desktop icons not showing names in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop icons are not showing name labels instead they display size, also in opening any folder, I have to always choose the name in the choose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ARAKDENN, Apr 16, 2019.

1. ARAKDENN Win User

Desktop icons not showing names

My desktop icons are not showing name labels instead they display size, also in opening any folder, I have to always choose the name in the choose details box.Desktop icons not showing names [​IMG]Desktop icons not showing names [​IMG]Desktop icons not showing names [​IMG]

:)

ARAKDENN, Apr 16, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Apr 16, 2019
  3. sturpe Win User
    Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

My Desktop is showing icons as normal. But if I try to find what is on my desktop by using file manager, I cannot find the icon. I also checked under C;\user my name, public, default and no desktop listed on any of them. Any suggestions?

sturpe, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Desktop icons not showing names

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Desktop icons not showing names

1. Desktop icons not showing names - Similar Threads - Desktop icons showing

2. hovering on icons shows names on the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hovering on icons shows names on the screen: So, today i installed windows 11 on my pc, and when it was completed i was checking it and found out that when i hover on my taskbar anywhere, it shows names of functions on right, like, language button, wifi and volume control, date and time, even when i am not hovering on...
  3. File names showing, but not icons W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File names showing, but not icons W11: I restarted my pc, and then the desktop icons only show file names, not the actual icons. File explorer is like that too, its acting weird and shows all white when I enter the control panel, and also the desktop is not in the desktop, but i need to click it. Installed OS 2...
  4. Desktop Icon's Abbreviating Names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon's Abbreviating Names: how do I make it so windows will display the full text for my icons? it abbreviates them to two rows, but I would rather it use 3 rows so I can read the whole filename without clicking it. I have tried increasing IconVerticleSpacing to -1600 and CaptionHeight to -600 under...
  5. Desktop Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons not showing: Hello I have an issue with desktop icons not appearing in the Desktop FOLDER The icons appear if I look at the Desktop directly. If you look at screenshot, TeamViewer shortcut, The Outer Worlds shortcut and Steam shortcut do not appear in the Desktop folder. [ATTACH]...
  6. Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are

Desktop Icons Aren't Showing, But Names Are: So I booted up my pc today, and I noticed that none of my desktop icons were showing, and the icons on my taskbar just show a generic icon, except for mail. I've tried troubleshoot, updating, and even rebuilding the icon cache, but noting seems to work. I can still use my...
  7. Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons not showing but text showing on desktop.: Hi! This is my first time on here and i need help so ill get straight to the point. So a few minutes ago as im writing this, i restarted my computer because my taskbar wasnt showing. So it turned back on, the taskbar was showing, but my icons were not but the text or title...
  8. can't change desktop icon names

can't change desktop icon names: Whenever I try to change the name of desktop icons, it asks for admin rights (I have them, only user on Windows, admin), I give it and then the whole computer just hangs until I restart explorer.exe from Task Manager. Anyone else having the same problem? Any solution or...
  9. Desktop icons not showing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing: [img] As you can see from the above desktop icons are not showing. This happened after resizing desktop icons and then rebooting. I do not know what to do to solve problem. Please can anyone advise. Thank you. 30452
  10. Show Desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Desktop icon: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro and find that the 'Show Desktop' rectangular space at the far right side of the notification area is missing although posted desktop images Windows 10 have the same rectangular space. However, if I hover the cursor over the screen border in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Desktop icons name

2. desktop icon name not showing in windows 10

3. windows 10 cannot display icon names

4. desktop icons not showing names,
  5. the icons in my desktop doesnt have names