Windows 10: Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

Discus and support Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everybody If I want hide my desktop Icons I must click hide desktop icons.... but one time is not enough, it happens only at second turn. If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mimmi(R), Dec 2, 2018.

1. Mimmi(R) Win User

Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

Hello Everybody

If I want hide my desktop Icons I must click hide desktop icons.... but one time is not enough, it happens only at second turn. If reebot the icons returns show.

How I can resolve?

Thank you

:)

Mimmi(R), Dec 2, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

No Hide Desktop Icons on x64 XP?

My computer decided it wanted my attention and I ended up having to reinstall it. After deleting the partition I realized I lent out my Vista disc so I ended up having to borrow a x64 XP my friend downstairs has until I can get my disc back. Anyway, when I right click the desktop and go to Arrange Icons there is no option there to hide icons on the desktop like I'm accustomed to on other versions of XP. Is there some way to do this with this version of XP? At the moment all I have on the desktop is the recycling bin, so if its not I suppose its not the end of the world, but I'd still like the option since I do like to let files accumulate there without having to stare at them.

OrbitzXT, Dec 2, 2018
  3. exe for hiding desktop icons.

Hello, I was wonder if there is an .exe I can use to hide the windows icons instead or right clicking on the desktop and hiding them.

If that is not a thing, what Registry value can I change to hide them? Or some kind of script I can use.

-Thanks in advance.

kyriakos97gr, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide

1. Desktop Icons On Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) hide and don't hide - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons upgrade

2. Hide desktop icons on startup???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide desktop icons on startup???: SOLVED! :) How can I hide all desktop icons? ------------------------------------------------- I know how to hide the desktop icons by right clicking and choosing View then disabling Show unchecked Show Desktop Icons. But how does one make this permanent so that during...
  3. How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide Taskbar & Desktop Icons on Startup on Windows 10: I only want to see my background when i log in. I've tried unshecking the 'Show desktop icons' option and it works ones after restarting the computer, but i've to unsheck it again for it to work another time. When it comes to the taskbar i've no clue, thanks in advance, any...
  4. How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to hide windows 10 program icons on desktop temporarily?: Im going to a computer repair shop and going to have them take out my battery... its bloated and swollen. When i turn on my laptop, i always have to enter my bitlocker pin... then my windows password and then it goes to my screen. I will be having a repair shop open my...
  5. Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hide or Remove icons from the taskbar: Hi I have an application running on my system that I would like to hide for end user. Is there a way to hide this application using regkey or GPO to ensure this is not visible for end user. It is located in the taskbar close to the clock with antivirus, ......
  6. Show/Hide Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Show/Hide Desktop icons: Is there a keyboard shortcut to hide or show desktop icons? submitted by /u/Deathpact231 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i193tb/showhide_desktop_icons/
  7. Hide Taskbar One drive syncing icons - 2 accounts, trying to hide 1

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide Taskbar One drive syncing icons - 2 accounts, trying to hide 1: Hi, as the tile suggest, i have 2 separate OneDrive syncing on my PC - 1 work & 1 personal. All is fine except i can't seem to separate the 2 taskbar (tray area) icons from one another. I would like to have the work OneDrive icon always visible & the personal OneDrive icon...
  8. hiding desktop icons

hiding desktop icons: How do you hide the desktop icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hiding-desktop-icons/aaefc1bb-020c-4564-b4ef-2a61f0388a1e
  9. Cant Hide Icons In Windows 10

Cant Hide Icons In Windows 10: I wanted to customise my icons so that the looked differently but what eneed up happening is that when I pressed apply it just created a duplicate of the original which I cant hide.Now I have 3 control panels and 2 This PC icons which all do the same but I cant hide...
  10. Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show All Icons on Your Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves...