Windows 10: Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop? It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Desktop Icons

Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop?

It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just curious.

:)

SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016

2. copying to disc

In Windows 10 the My Computer icon is called “This PC”.

If this icon is missing in your computer -

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen

In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop: > Check Computer

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Cicero564 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Re-Arrange - Possible way to restore.

My desktop icons have, intermittently, re-arranged to the left of the screen, more than a few times, very annoying.

Try these steps:

Right click on an empty part of the desktop.

Select View.

Ensure both Auto Arrange Icons & Align Icons to Grid are unchecked.

Uncheck Show desktop icons. (Desktop icons should disappear)

Re-Check Show desktop icons

In my case, the desktop icons re-appeared and in their prior locations.

Good luck.

Cicero564, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Desktop Icons

Cliff S, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Icons

1. Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  3. How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently remove “Learn about this picture” icon on my desktop?: Whenever I start my computer the app starts and disrupts my wallpapers I already have on my pc. Whenever I right click it, it takes me somewhere else instead of the usual options like deleting it. Also I try to drag it do the recycle bin it doesn’t do anything. I also tried...
  4. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  5. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation: Basically, whenever I start my computer from hibernation, all of my desktop icons disappear and are replaced with a gray box:Said box is in the top-left corner today. It's always on the left side somewhere along the top or bottom, but never along the side and never floating...
  6. Strange box replaces desktop icons after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  8. Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Fixed : Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: Fixed Updated : Turns out I somehow take a screenshot and set it as wallpaper lolI am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck not select-able, and cant not move/ del on my desktop. It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost...
  9. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...
  10. Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop

Ghost icon & deleted app stuck on desktop: I am not sure what's going on but some icons and a deleted app are stuck on my desktop.It becomes messy when new apps are "stacked" on the old ghost icon.Any one knows how to get rid of it?Tried :RebootRe-install Windows 11 keep app and file optionRefresh desktopRestart file...