Windows 10: Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop? It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Desktop Icons

Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop?

It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just curious.

:)

SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016

2. copying to disc

In Windows 10 the My Computer icon is called “This PC”.

If this icon is missing in your computer -

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen

In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop: > Check Computer

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Cicero564 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Re-Arrange - Possible way to restore.

My desktop icons have, intermittently, re-arranged to the left of the screen, more than a few times, very annoying.

Try these steps:

Right click on an empty part of the desktop.

Select View.

Ensure both Auto Arrange Icons & Align Icons to Grid are unchecked.

Uncheck Show desktop icons. (Desktop icons should disappear)

Re-Check Show desktop icons

In my case, the desktop icons re-appeared and in their prior locations.

Good luck.

Cicero564, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Desktop Icons

Cliff S, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Icons

1. Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. My desktop icons are now 2-3 times larger. How do I restore them to their prior size?...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop icons are now 2-3 times larger. How do I restore them to their prior size?...: "Desktop Icons" under the "Theme" setting in settings is no help, also "Display" does not address this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-icons-are-now-2-3-times-larger-how-do-i/a40ff5bd-2fec-469c-9ab5-e8079f1aee18
  3. Desktop icon lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icon lag: It lags whenever I use the drag box to move icons or just click the icons and move them. Also when hovering my mouse over the icons it takes a couple seconds to even register it. Why would this be happening on a system that is a decent gaming pc when on my old crappy laptop...
  4. Desktop Icons Replaced with Small Rectangle, Can't Right Click

Desktop Icons Replaced with Small Rectangle, Can't Right Click: All of my desktop icons are missing and are replaced by this white gradient rectangle in the top left of the screen. I also am not able to right click on the desktop. I believe that restarting my PC solves the problem, but this happens quite frequently so I don't want to...
  5. Help! Overlapping desktop icons show a black background?

Help! Overlapping desktop icons show a black background?: [ATTACH] I am currently attempting to make a desktop background with overlapped icons, but when I overlap the icons, there is a weird black box around the icons. It disappears when I select the icons, but comes back when I unselect. I tried refreshing multiple times and...
  6. Desktop icons

Desktop icons: I dragged a file out of a folder recently making it into desktop shortcut accidentally, i don’t see any way of removing it without deleting the filse so my question is, how do i remove the shortcut? submitted by /u/DiemondDiggr599 [link] [comments]...
  7. Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?

Text under desktop icons, suddenly larger?: The text for some reason has gone really large under my icons on my desktop. The icons themselves appear to be the same size, but I'm not sure what is going on. I've updated my nvidia driver, as I thought it might be something to do with that, but that didn't help at all, any...
  8. Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking

Desktop icons and taskbar flashing/blinking: Icons on desktop have become enlarged and they flash periodically along with the taskbar. I'm not able to open the start menu at all. In safe mode it doesn't flash but the warning "The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application..." keeps popping...
  9. Desktop icons move after start up

Desktop icons move after start up: [ATTACH] Since the latest 2004 update this happens. I only have two icons on my desktop being 'This PC' on the top left corner and below it the recycle bin. They keep moving to the position in the attached photo after every restart. I have 'align to grid' checked and...
  10. Windows 10 May 2020 Update -Missing Desktop Icons and No Right Click

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update -Missing Desktop Icons and No Right Click: I've just updated a 2015 Lenovo Miix300 to May 2020 version. Details in About are: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 2004 Installed on 29/05/2020 OS Build 19014.264 Serial Number YE0013MJ Windows Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0 Installed quickly with no obvious...