Windows 10: Desktop Icons

Discus and support Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop? It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Desktop Icons

Is there anyway to hide the "Network," "This PC," and User folder on the desktop?

It's not really hurting anything by being there, but I'm just curious.

:)

SidearmSinker49, Sep 4, 2016

2. copying to disc

In Windows 10 the My Computer icon is called “This PC”.

If this icon is missing in your computer -

Right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize, then click on “Change Desktop Icons” on the left-hand side of the screen

In the Desktop Icons panel you can choose which of the built-in icons to show on the desktop: > Check Computer

E for Excel, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Cicero564 Win User
    Windows 10 Desktop Icons Re-Arrange - Possible way to restore.

My desktop icons have, intermittently, re-arranged to the left of the screen, more than a few times, very annoying.

Try these steps:

Right click on an empty part of the desktop.

Select View.

Ensure both Auto Arrange Icons & Align Icons to Grid are unchecked.

Uncheck Show desktop icons. (Desktop icons should disappear)

Re-Check Show desktop icons

In my case, the desktop icons re-appeared and in their prior locations.

Good luck.

Cicero564, Sep 4, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Desktop Icons

Cliff S, Sep 4, 2016
Thema:

Desktop Icons

1. Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Desktop Icons

2. desktop icons not opening the website

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons not opening the website: we recently had the problem of Yahoo taking over our Google chrome search engine, I some how got rid of Yahoo but now when we click on desktop icons the website does not open, it just goes to google search engine...
  3. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

Taskbar showing Desktop icons: So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc. Thanks in...
  4. Windows 10 desktop Icons wont move.

Windows 10 desktop Icons wont move.: Hi I recently installed windows 10 and have had a problem with my Icons not been able to move. Everytime i try move them the mouse pointer changes to a no entry sign and nothing happens....
  5. Desktop Icons Blacked out

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Blacked out: Hi All, I'm not sure what caused my icons to change see attached screenshot. All was well up until a few minutes ago then poof this happened. Running win 10 build 1809, Haven't installed anything in last few days, so not sure what may have caused this. Tried a refresh of the...
  6. How to lock desktop icons?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to lock desktop icons?: I work in the educational institution and we have 30 computers in the network. I am trying to find a way to lock the icons on the desktops so that my students won’t be able to move them. I am aware of Auto Arrange and Align Icons to Grid but don’t think they are suitable for...
  7. desktop changed where icons are and taksbar is missing in windows 10

desktop changed where icons are and taksbar is missing in windows 10: Don't know what happened but the icons have moved on my desktop and the taskbar is missing. The right side is not there any more. on the upper right corner is says home tile and something else....
  8. Large Font on Desktop Icons

Large Font on Desktop Icons: Hi there, I can't get the fonts on the icons on my desktop to reduce in size, the icons are ok now but not the fonts. They are also too big in the menus on Outlook. I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. Have tried going into Settings, Display, Scale & Layout, no slider...
  9. My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons: I ran PictureEcho and PhotoStick today and something changed my desktop from shortcuts to row after row of those icons that you click to open a photo. I don't know how to restore it...
  10. Moving apps from start menu makes them appear smaller inside of their desktop shortcut icon

Moving apps from start menu makes them appear smaller inside of their desktop shortcut icon: [ATTACH]The only way I have found to get certain apps to create desktop icons, without having to dig through file explorers to find the launch them, is to drag them from the start menu. This causes all of these app icons to appear smaller inside the regular sized icon. The...