Windows 10: Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

Discus and support Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just installed Windows 10 Build 1909. Made a CMD shortcut on the desktop and assigned a custom keyboard shortcut of ctrl + alt + k using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GhettoStoreBrand, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

Just installed Windows 10 Build 1909.

Made a CMD shortcut on the desktop and assigned a custom keyboard shortcut of ctrl + alt + k using the properties window. The keyboard shortcut does not work. I have tried putting the shortcut in the start menu and have tried multiple keyboards. What am I doing wrong? Literally works on 8.1 but on 10 none of the custom keyboard shortcuts I make work.

Anyone know how to fix this? Answers around the web have not been helpful.

submitted by /u/GhettoStoreBrand
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GhettoStoreBrand, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern to better assist you.

• Are those keyboard shortcut keys working before on desktop?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this concern?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Dec 22, 2019
  3. igonro Win User
    Keyboard shortcuts not working on Desktop

I have the same issue.

I don't know if keyboard shortcut worked well before, because I just configure keyboard shortcut now.

I don't think I made any changes related to keyboard shortcut.

If I want a keyboard shortcut to work, I have to open the File explorer or anything else, then keyboard shortcuts work well; but if I'm on desktop with no other program open, they don't work.

igonro, Dec 22, 2019
  4. essenbe Win User

Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

essenbe, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

1. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working? - Similar Threads - Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts

2. Keyboard shortcut for changing virtual desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut for changing virtual desktop stopped working: Please, please, please, to the people at MS: PLEASE, I BEG YOU, don't start with questions like "What color is your keyboard?" or "Do you have administrative rights", "is your PC an OEM?". I've seen several answers like this in this community coming from MS "Moderators".The...
  3. Keyboard shortcut for changing virtual desktop stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcut for changing virtual desktop stopped working: Please, please, please, to the people at MS: PLEASE, I BEG YOU, don't start with questions like "What color is your keyboard?" or "Do you have administrative rights", "is your PC an OEM?". I've seen several answers like this in this community coming from MS "Moderators".The...
  4. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  5. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut not working.: I am unable to switch between list and icons using keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+6 & other shortcuts like this, actually all other shortcuts are working just fine. Execpt these view switch shortcuts.Kindly help as it is a important for me as I have to use it in my everyday...
  6. Keyboard shortcut not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. keyboard shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard shortcuts not working: Looking for keyboard shortcuts for diacriticals, either in ENG INTL or in Deutsch/German. Bing's list has instructions for combos, apostrophe=acute accent works, but comma=cedilla and colon=umlaut do nothing. What is the correct shortcut to use without keying in a code each...
  8. Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for switching Virtual Desktops no longer working: Anyone having the same issue, or had the same issue and managed to resolve it? Did a fresh install of windows 10 to declutter my drive and it's still not working. Shortcut was 'ctrl + win + left or right cursor'. I tried different combinations alt/shift etc. None worked....
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts Not working: [ATTACH] I have set the shortcut key for this chrome shortcut to ctrl alt up but it does not work. anyone know why? https://preview.redd.it/osyympjs7eu41.png?width=363&format=png&auto=webp&s=a371db11f13226c74d84d7fcfd03d02b4a97b313 submitted by /u/Joel9593 [link]...
  10. Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Switching between desktops keyboard shortcut not working: Hello, my issue is what title says. When i press ctrl+win+1/2/3/4, or ctrl+win+left/right, nothing happens. This is of course when i have numbers of desktop opened. This seems to be a common issue but no genuine fix. Perhaps here someone will know? Thanks! 78430