Windows 10: Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10

Discus and support Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts List for Desktop in Windows 10 [img] Information Keyboard shortcuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Bullet100, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Bullet100 Win User

Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10

How to: Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10

Keyboard Shortcuts List for Desktop in Windows 10

Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Keyboard shortcuts are combinations of two or more keys that perform a task that would typically require a mouse or other pointing device. Keyboard shortcuts can save you time and effort as you use Windows and other apps.

This tutorial will show you a list of shortcut keys that you can use from the desktop in Windows 10.

See also: Keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10

Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note 1 If Cortana is unavailable or disabled, this shortcut has no function.

2 Cortana is only available in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere. If Cortana is unavailable or disabled, this command opens Search.

[table][tr][td]Press this key[/td] [td]To do this[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Windows key *Start[/td] [td]Open and close the Start menu.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start +1, *Start +2, etc...[/td] [td]Switch to the desktop and launch the nth application in the taskbar. For example, *Start + 1 launches whichever application is first in the list, numbered from left to right.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]*Start + A[/td] [td]Open the Windows Feedback app.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Bullet100, Sep 2, 2015
  2. WCarp Win User

Calculator keyboard shortcuts don't work in Windows 10!

To my dismay, calculator keyboard shortcut doesn't work in windows 10! It did with Windows 8.1. The Snipping Tool keyboard shortcut works in Windows 10. When I do a Search on calculator, it lists it under Programs but when I click on Open folder location,
    it opens the Desktop and the calculator is NOT on the Desktop. What's going on?

WCarp, Sep 2, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    Default Music Player

You could set a keyboard shortcut for opening an application in Windows 10. Setting a keyboard shortcut to open a specific application would be a safe way to utilize the functionality of Windows 10. Here's how to set a keyboard shortcut for an application
    in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type the name of the application.
    • Right-click the application, and select Open file location.
    • From there, drag the application to the desktop to create a shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut in the desktop and select Properties.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut
      tab.
    • Click the box beside the Shortcut key: line.
    • Press the desired key to make it the keyboard shortcut for the application.
    Note: If prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or provide confirmation.

David Haz, Sep 2, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

Nice, comprehensive list. Thank you!

satchmo, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts List in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts

2. keyboard shortcut for different desktops in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard shortcut for different desktops in Windows 11: Hi all, I know you can use Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow or Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow to switch between different desktops in Windows 11. But is there way either built in or third party app which lets you set your own shortcut for specific desktops? I want to be able...
  3. keyboard shortcut for different desktops in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard shortcut for different desktops in Windows 11: Hi all, I know you can use Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow or Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow to switch between different desktops in Windows 11. But is there way either built in or third party app which lets you set your own shortcut for specific desktops? I want to be able...
  4. Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working?: Just installed Windows 10 Build 1909. Made a CMD shortcut on the desktop and assigned a custom keyboard shortcut of ctrl + alt + k using the properties window. The keyboard shortcut does not work. I have tried putting the shortcut in the start menu and have tried multiple...
  5. Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Comprehensive List of Keyboard Shortcuts: I ran across this this afternoon and thought y'all might like it: Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands by a friend and fellow Beta Tester, Andre Da Costa. Complete List of Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts and Run Commands 143416
  6. List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The latest version of the note-taking app in Windows 10 – Sticky Notes v 3.0 includes new text formatting tools. It also has a hub for all the notes you create and save. This is to keep all your notes in [...] This post List of Sticky Notes Keyboard Shortcuts on...
  7. Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Keyboard Shortcuts: I was playing around with windows 10 and manage to work on some keyboard short cuts and couldn't think of where to put them in here, so I chose here.. You probably already know about Ctrl + C and Ctrl +V (copy and paste) Keyboard Shortcuts ----- Action Windows key + A...
  8. Arrange desktop list (shortcut)

in Windows 10 Support
    Arrange desktop list (shortcut): Is it possible to arrange the order of desktop files/folders in the taskbar >> Button That shows a pop-up menu of all desktop Items? They move up and down constantly but without logic, like a-z sort or last used. 90591
  9. Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 How to Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can assign a keyboard shortcut (aka: shortcut key) to a shortcut on your desktop, taskbar, and Start menu. When...
  10. Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List: How to: Microsoft Edge Keyboard Shortcuts List Keyboard Shortcuts List for Microsoft Edge [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...